Paint formula for Bristol

alfagta

Reaction score
If anyone can tell me their experiences, results and final formulas involving current repaints in Bristol, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Bill Morris, Tacoma, WA

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bill,

I don't think anyone's formulas these days are going to give you the desired results as the materials and processes have changed. Any good body shop can color match your paint and do a few spray outs to make sure it's correct. Like most BMW colors I've seen several different shades of Bristol.

Chris

Or check here:

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1977-Bmw-pg01.jpg

Last edited:

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bill,

I painted the 700 Terry and Travis re-did for me in Bristol and it came out beautiful. Just ask them the next time you are at the shop:

700@Monterey_2015_2.jpg

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Bill, any color is consist of a few toners that makes that color, so if the mixer is not precise in mixing the exact amount the color can be off.
A color can also have a few variances, a variance sheet will give you the closest match. A good painter can add a few Milligrams of different toners to get a blend able match!
Now silver Gold colors are different story, for a door dent repair we had to paint the whole side to get a match, major toners of Bristol is white and week black, hope this helps