Pulled my 3.5 5 speed Bavaria out of storage today.....

Discussion in 'E3 General Discussion' started by Gpdenver, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Gpdenver

Gpdenver Member

This is what I am assuming as well. We will see when I pull it apart

2. StephenZ

StephenZ Member

I keep having 'cargasms' when I see these pics....too much info?

Gpdenver likes this.
  3. Ohmess

Ohmess I wanna DRIVE! Site Donor $

Great thread. Two comments -- I have the Coupe King exhaust on my e9, and they incorporate a Maganaflow resonator. I would recommend that.

As to brakes, I just rebuilt my master, rear balancer, all four calipers and added stainless steel lines. I am of the view that the stock BMW brakes are excellent. I would forego the Willwoods and put the money into tires or something else.

4. Gpdenver

Gpdenver Member

I am either going to add a Magnaflow resonator, or a Vibrant. I like both brands, and have had good experiences with both.

As far as the brakes go, for $1100 including new hubs, rotors, stainless lines, calipers, rotors, etc the Ireland Engineering big brake kit seems like a no brainer to me. The factory brakes on the car are good for a 1972, but I almost never leave anything alone while I am in there if I can make it better. 300mm rotors and Wilwood superlite calipers will improve the stopping power greatly. For now this car is on the backburner, I have a few new land rovers and the 911 that are getting all of my attention currently.
    [​IMG]

5. e30strube

e30strube Member

View My Garage
    I have the Willwood setup for my car, but haven't installed it yet. For the total cost, it actually seems like a good deal. It includes pads, hubs, lines, calipers, rotors...essentially everything. For coilovers, a shop called CATuned (from Sacramento) is now building a coilover setup for the car. It may be worth reaching out to them for pricing, specs, etc.