show your...dashboard

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't throw the term easy around a lot, but it's pretty easy to remove the whole column. I would imagine that putting the column back in and getting the u-joint situated could be tricky.

The upper column isn't a panel on the fixed column structure. the whole unit including the exterior is structural. It really is a solid cast aluminum column. It contains the mounting holes and houses the lock cylinder.

This is the underside of the top 'panel'
31101886504_fcc9dbbdcd_b.jpg

31794289742_be2d84a0fe_b.jpg
Actually I have a spare from a 70' I removed in a junkyard. How soon I forget. Bad sign.

Philippe db

Reaction score
I know I'm probably in the minority but, personally, I like that "CSi sport" wheel better than the Petri. Only personal taste of course.

Hi Bo,

Not sure what a Csi Sport wheel is? If I'm not mistaken the standard wheel in my CS was also made by Petri. But I agree with you as far as your taste is concerned. I also wouldn't put the CSL petri in my CS, just as I wouldn't put Alpina's rims on the it. On a Csi it would be the opposite, Petri and Alpina's. I know it makes little sense because if you take their badges away you would be looking at exactly the same cars. Just my personal taste based upon my own experience with both cars. ;)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Bo,

Not sure what a Csi Sport wheel is? If I'm not mistaken the standard wheel in my CS was also made by Petri.

It's the one in your and Marko's first picture. I've seen it referred to differently on different sites. Not sure if there is an official name for it. CSi sport wheel is the one that stuck in my mind.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't throw the term easy around a lot, but it's pretty easy to remove the whole column. I would imagine that putting the column back in and getting the u-joint situated could be tricky.

The upper column isn't a panel on the fixed column structure. the whole unit including the exterior is structural. It really is a solid cast aluminum column. It contains the mounting holes and houses the lock cylinder.

This is the underside of the top 'panel'
31101886504_fcc9dbbdcd_b.jpg

31794289742_be2d84a0fe_b.jpg
Mark, as i remember, the '74 is more complicated as i believe you have to remove more because of the telescoping.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark, as i remember, the '74 is more complicated as i believe you have to remove more because of the telescoping.

Would make sense. BTW - I believe that my BMw buddy Ethan may have one from his '76 Bavaria. Shoot me a message if interested.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would make sense. BTW - I believe that my BMw buddy Ethan may have one from his '76 Bavaria. Shoot me a message if interested.
i don't need one Mark, have one on the car and another in the garage. i think i'm covered ... trying to avoid being a bigger parts hoarder.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tom,

Your car is all around gorgeous! I think you have the dealer option blue speaker covers that I just sold to @Stevehose. I've seen a lot of speakers in the kick panels, but never with these speaker covers. I'm not sure if he knows what he wants to do with his yet, but it makes way more sense than cutting a hole in a perfect door panel.

A few more pics of some:
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/4x6-blue-speaker-grills-20-shipped.22075/