so what do we do with

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FS postings from somebody who signs up on this forum to only sell parts - like Karnut1 ... with ridiculously high prices for parts so that he can make a bunch of bucks off of people like us. from what i can tell, he doesn't own a coupe, or if he does ... its just a coupe for parts. EVERY post he has made is in the parts forum.

shouldn't we charge people like this for access?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I never knew my piles of junk were worth so much. Especially the bits of broken door brake for $100. There are a few folks here for the business aspect. Surprisingly the people with the most inventory don't dangle them in our forum (Coupeking, La Jolla,etc).

Lists of parts is always good if you ask me. Discussing the value of the asking price seems fair to me as well if it is glaringly high….or low .

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes, Coupeking, LaJolla, etc ... these guys often / occasionally do good things for us. if you look in the technical section, you will find some how-to's written by Carl. coupeking will post some rare uber expensive things on ebay (like a NOS french taillight with amber backup light) and some repro parts that he has made. he will offer a group buy price to us like he did on the alpina style lug nuts or the coupeking alpina wheels. LaJolla has done some of the same. my point is they just don't take ... they also contribute.

its the leaches that bother me. broken door brakes - please ... hell i've already got 2 of those ... for free, why do i need more. yes porsche parts prices for vintage parts to repair are expensive ... but porsche parts are expensive to begin with. its one thing to sell NOS parts like rare vintage fog lights or excellent vintage radios that still work ... i wish we had a place for vendors on this site ... and that was the only place they could go ... but maybe that is too hard to police

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now looking at the amount of dubious goods you have mentioned, I'd say this should at least be posted in one overall thread. It certainly doesn't make me want to get my wallet out.
There is a lot more Trim than E9's worth putting it on. The are a lot that are never coming back.
I've been putting my money in vintage ski Boots. Just bought some original Lange Comps from about 1969 in my size. Bet ski coach has some.

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter S has been very helpful for stuff I have bought, I just purchased a new hammered zinc oil cap from him for a reasonable price and was shipped quickly and reasonably. Plus many other unobtanium parts over the years. Don't lose sight that he is an invaluble, no BS resource for our hobby. My $.02.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter is a vendor but most importantly, a coupe owner ... as well as a restorer and resource. as i've said, he gives back to this group. i'm suggesting weeding out the vendors only ... or establishing some kind of rules. having to work around 10 - 15 for sale ads by one vendor keeps me from going to that forum

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
especially vendors that post stuff for sale, disappear for a few days, then post more junk hoping someone will buy.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my point for people like karnut1 is that he is treating us like ebay without the cost to him. no redeeming value except using up bandwidth that he doesn't pay for and getting a free forum to show his junk ... and a lot of it is junk. then he tries to trade his junk for some worthwhile parts ... and will probably try to buy some of the expensive stuff to sell at even higher prices. i for one will not sell to him, much less trade with him.

i completely agree Mark, the fog lights / vintage radios are good ... even though there is a multitude of them ... they are high quality products (many NOS). maybe we ought to have a flag on vendors ... instead of site donor / well-known member ... just vendor. Dan ... what do you think?

JhwShark

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get in contact with Peter or Erik at CoupeKing. Can anybody help out? I have not had a reply form their contact form.

Jon

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Jon - I seem to recall that Peter is more old school. Try calling. Last couple of times I dialed, Peter answered.