SoCal Coupe Cruise March 3rd

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Murray Fowler has been asking me to organize a coupe cruise for quite a while and since he just turned 83 I thought it was time to get my act together and put something on the calendar. The attached flyer has some information and I will supply route maps/directions that have been used in the past by our friends at SoCalVintage. I am hoping we can bring out all of you local coupe enthusiasts to say hello to Murray and thank him for all of his contributions to the BMW community over the years. In a week or two I will ask everyone who intends to participate to send me a PM so I know how many coupes we will have. Thanks everyone, hope to see you on Saturday March 3rd.

Chris

Attachments

• coupe cruise march 2012.jpg
    coupe cruise march 2012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 307

Dave L

Reaction score
So Cal Cruise

I'm going to use this as motivation to get some of the repairs/maintenance done on my car. Hopefully I can be there. I should at least make it to the C & C that week.

Dave L

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Directions/Route Map

This should work, I am pasting in the Google Map directions for the drive.

Everyone who participates will need to print a copy for yourself. We will probably stop for lunch at Coogies Beach Cafe in the Malibu Colony.

23755 Malibu Colony Rd
Malibu, CA 90265

We have had a good response so far, thanks.

Chris

Last edited:

gwittman

Reaction score
I may be a go on this one. I have an SCCA race the weekend before and may not have time to get my Coupe cleaned up. Hopefully, I can start working on it next weekend.

mhoffman

Reaction score
would not miss it!

It would be an honor to support any endeavor recognizing Murray and his contributions to this marque!

Matt

gwittman

Reaction score
It is looking very good for me to make it. I did have to install a center drag link this weekend but the steering feels solid now and ready for a workout.

My wife doesn't like to be the only woman on these kinds of events. Can anyone tell me if they are bringing a female companion?

RonP

Reaction score
Definitely coming! I was able to drag Mitch out too. Neither of us have a "running" coupe, but we will show up in something respectable.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update:

Those meeting at Cars and Coffee on March 3rd, we will leave at 8:15 and plan to arrive at the Safeway on PCH and Sunset at 9:30 for those who want to meet us there. We will then head for Topanga and start our drive. Plan on arriving at C & C by 6:30 if you want to park in the lot, it is full by 6:45. You can PM me with any questions.

Chris

crowjoe

Reaction score
Looking forward to the ride this weekend! I'll meet you guys at the Vons/Safeway at PCH & Sunset at 9:30 on Saturday. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect.

Aleksey

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to introduce myself to all of you and share my little story (I think all of us have one) about my ‘addiction’.
In early 90’s while spending my summer with my grandparent in their country home I receive a package from USA from my uncle.
It was a model car, the one I will never forget, and I wish I’d saved. White in color, with those tri-colored stripes and wide fenders to hide wide massive wheels in them. That magical style of the headlights, separate grills and unique body lines stuck in my memory. That day, back in the former Soviet Union Russia I fell in love with BMW. And all of you guessed it right, it was a 3.0CSL!
And if it’s alright with all of you, it would be an honor for me to join you guys for that canyon ride on this Saturday. I wont be coming in E9 unfortunately, as I don’t have one yet, but it will be a BMW product nevertheless.

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Fun times and great success. Thanks for organizing the event, Chris!

I'm excited to see everyone's photos. Here's most of the crew at our first stop:

Attachments

• Coupes 01-100.jpg
    Coupes 01-100.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 204

M.Burroughs

Reaction score
Nice seeing everyone's coupes today at C&C. Was going to go home and grab my coupe and meet up for the lunch portion, but don't think I knew anyone else there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We had thirteen coupes today, what a great turnout with a few newer coupe owners joining us too. The weather was perfect, traffic was light, lunch was excellent. Hope I remember everyone: Charles Baldonado, Mitch Brookheiser, Mike Burger, Paul Cain, Jeff d'Avanzo, Murray Fowler, Steve Johnson, Mark Judy, Glenn Mueller, Carl Nelson, Ron Perry, Gary Whittman, Lou Alvarado, Joe Crowley, Dave McFayden, Matt Hoffman, Fred Larimer, Jerry Dotson and Jeff Tige (not everyone was in a coupe). Fred shot a lot of photos (thank you Fred!) and we will post a link to his photo site in a day or two.

The photographer at the Rock Store (a well known biker hangout) posts his photos at http://rockstorephotos.com/. Check in a day or two and you will likely find a shot of your ride available for purchase.

What a great day and all of us had a great time but especially Murray who was chauffeured by Mike Burger. Just a bit of traffic leaving Malibu but not too bad. Next time we may head for Lake Arrowhead or down Carl and Glenn's way in San Diego county. Get those coupes out and exercise them!

Chris

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
M,

Just jump right in to the conversation, we love to get everyone involved, this is a very welcoming group and we would love to have you join in. The more the merrier!

Chris