Southern Maine Gathering?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
In the course of chatting about car misadventures I had mentioned to Stan that I plan to be in Portland, Maine this weekend.

We thought it might be fun to attempt to get a few of the e9 faithful together and maybe grab a beer or have dinner. (In addition, my absence would enable the girls some opportunity to do whatever it is that girls do when we are not around). I won't yet have Annabelle, my e9, reassembled, but would nonetheless enjoy getting together.

I can be flexible on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. That said, I think Stan and I would probably try to schedule on the day we could get the maximum number of car people together.

Anyone up for it?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
By this weekend do you mean May 29, 30 & 31, Cindy and I will be at the Greenwich Concours in Greenwich Connecticut with the KisselKar.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Andrew - was nice to meet you at the Vintage. Yes, May 29, 30 or 31. Looks like that won't work for you.

Would like to see your cars some time, however.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We could meet at my house in the morning Saturday, go to a breakfast eatery nearby and then go for a ride in the coupe(s) up to the lake.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
options

There will be the three of us on Saturday. Unless someone else wants to join in.

We could meet at The Friendly Toast in Portsmouth, my house in Newmarket (a safe place to leave a car) or The Big Bean in Newmarket.

If we meet early, say 8:00am and have breakfast we can:
1. Drive the NH seacoast (all 12 miles of it!)
2. Make a pilgrimage to Vintage Sports and Racing to see the various coupes in stages of restoration
3. Drive out to the cottage at Loon Pond, Gilmanton

Bring a bathing suit if you want to stay for a while! I can buy beer and burgers!

Stan

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What a great day

Stan was a gracious host, Chris an interesting comrade, and Mario was extremely generous with his time and tour of VSR.

Stan also showed me around southern NH, showing off a nice little lake house (that I think he actually believes he owns) and lots of twisties.

Thanks guys; 'twas great fun.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan was a gracious host, Chris an interesting comrade, and Mario was extremely generous with his time and tour of VSR.

Stan also showed me around southern NH, showing off a nice little lake house (that I think he actually believes he owns) and lots of twisties.

Thanks guys; 'twas great fun.

No really, I do own it...I went out and had another key cut that afternoon!!
:smile:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How did I miss it? I was on the wrong coast around Mendocino, otherwise who knows. That lake sounds tempting.