Targa California

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone considering joining us this year? This will be my fourth and I wouldn't miss it. This is from the organizer:

Targa California starts in Thousand Oaks, California
April 22nd Check in the afternoon at our T.O. hotel "HQ"
April 23rd-24th overnight stays in Santa Cruz area
April 25th overnight stay in Paso Robles

The website will open soon for registration, the above is from an e-mail. I usually get a room with two beds if someone is interested in sharing a room, let me know.

Chris

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This event is coming up. Let's get a show of hands who will be attending. I will be a co-driver/navigator this year, Bavaria won't be ready in time. Looking forward to meeting those that are attending.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bucket List item gents. I was fortunate enough to drive the Targa in 2013
It is a MUST and my dream is to return to California and drive it in my own coupe.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Event update: 1100 miles of amazing roads, friendly participants, great friends like Rey R and Andy W and I got to meet Shane aka Golfbavaria. We also visited some great micro breweries in Santa Cruz. Included 120 cars of which 60 were vintage Porsches, a few 240Zs, Alfas, Jags, 230/280SLs, 1 Morgan 4+4, two Ferraris, 3 2002s, Rey's NK with S14 power and his 2000 Touring also with S14 power. I could do without the kit car cobras who can be rude and unsafe when passing. Got to do do two laps at Buttonwillow with a pace car leading, no passing allowed except the idiot spoilered Porsche that almost hit me when exiting to the pit lane because he was passing other cars behind me. I just kept it in third and only down shifted when necessary but used the ample torque to keep up. I'm not a race car driver but it was fun. And I averaged 19 mpg, pretty good considering we did 75/85 a good portion of the highway miles, plus track time and then all of the twisty, climbing, one lane roads. And 25 mpg the last 100 miles home keeping it to 70 and occasionally 75. Keep this event in mind for next year.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

Great to finally put a face to the name. Really enjoyed the hospitality, thank you! I don't think I have laughed that hard or had more fun in a long time. Really enjoyed spending time with Andy too, he is a cool cat. Cars are in good shape except for a bit of a dent in the front left wheel of the touring from hitting a pretty good sized rock. Nothing a mallet can't handle. Looking forward to next year, the Bavaria will be ready for the challenge for sure, can't wait to do it all over again. We have a funny story for you when I see you re: the trip back, remind me to tell you. Hopefully some of the members will join us next year. And looking forward to more events this year. Oh and I love that you and Andy like visiting the local breweries, great stuff! I will be posting my pics on a link sometime this week.

-Cheers

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, finally was able to get around to putting an album together on Shutterfly. Here is the link:

https://2015targacalifornia.shutterfly.com/

If unfamiliar with Shutterfly, there are tabs at the top. Click on Pictures and Videos then at bottom corner of pictures you should see a little icon that shows there are 219 pictures. Click on that, it will blow them up then feel free to peruse.... Cheers, thanks again Chris for the good times and Andy you too if you are on this board.

Attachments

• 2015-04-24 19.31.10.jpg
    2015-04-24 19.31.10.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 2015-04-25 07.23.23.jpg
    2015-04-25 07.23.23.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 2015-04-25 09.24.15.jpg
    2015-04-25 09.24.15.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 2015-04-25 19.01.26.jpg
    2015-04-25 19.01.26.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, finally was able to get around to putting an album together on Shutterfly. Here is the link:

https://2015targacalifornia.shutterfly.com/

If unfamiliar with Shutterfly, there are tabs at the top. Click on Pictures and Videos then at bottom corner of pictures you should see a little icon that shows there are 219 pictures. Click on that, it will blow them up then feel free to peruse.... Cheers, thanks again Chris for the good times and Andy you too if you are on this board.

Great photos, like the flares on the touring. Pretty Alfa ( oldest car on the tour?).
Expected more bmw's.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I was at the Quail Motorcycle Gathering with my family today, and my Dad wants to do Targa California next year. Assuming I get the time off work I'm game as well.