The Gleeson Collection at LeMay, America's Car Museum

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
On Saturday, January 28 at from 10-12 AM, Peter Gleeson will be presenting his remarkable collection of E9 and other significant BMW cars as part of the LeMay America’s Car Museum “Master Collector” series. This will be a unique opportunity to get behind the curtain for a look into the motivation, research, deal-making and vision behind a truly outstanding collection of cars and memorabilia. Peter will also have significant cars from his collection on display, in addition to other notable BMW exemplars.

Many of you know Peter from various West coast events, most recently the Monterey car week last August. Peter had several significant BMWs including E9 models at both Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach. For those of you in the Northwest who haven't met Peter, this will be a nice opportunity to hear him speak regarding the process that has led to his important collection. Here is a link to a video that tells the fascinating story of his path to collecting cars and car related memorabilia:

Here is a link to the Puget Sound Chapter announcement with details about admission costs and times. I hope to see you there:

http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/events/peter-gleeson-americas-car-museums-2016-master-collector/

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I booked a flight to Seattle to hear Peter speak and see some of my e9 friends. Since I arrive Friday I am hoping some of you might be available Friday afternoon for beer and/or dinner? Reply here or start a Conversation.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

"Wanting to hear me speak" you foolish man you :)

I look forward to spending some time together mate and thanks for flying up.

A few of us E9 will be driving down from a little north of Seattle, some you will already know from this forum and so not so, but all great guys and true enthusiasts.

If you stay in the Tacoma area on Friday night, I would struggle to get down there, Friday traffic etc. But, hopefully there are a few guys in the Tacoma area to have fun with that evening and the local glass and Art Museums are definitely worth a look during the day.

As we discussed, I will drive you up to see some of my toys after the morning event on Saturday, its a good hours drive - so lets say the same on Saturday, if anybody in the Seattle area fancies a joining us for a dinner/beers on Saturday evening in the Edmonds -Mukilteo area, lets do it.

Best

Pete

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This was an awesome day.

Drove down to Tacoma from Seattle with Sven, Peter and Chris in the morning....
Peter did 'his thing' at the museum. :)
Then had a wonderful time visiting with great folks that night (before I turned into a pumpkin and had to take off as I had an early morning on Sunday).

Went to Griot's too. I know you all feel sorry for me. lol

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a wonderful time too as I got to meet a few of our PNW members and Peter was kind enough to chauffeur me around in his RHD CSL. Something very strange about riding down the freeway when the driver moves left into another lane, I kept looking over my shoulder as if I was the one driving! Spent some time with Markos as well as Sven and his wife too. Great trip.