Reaction score
The Vintage 2012 (TV12)
May 25-26
National gathering of vintage BMWs
at Old Salem Museums and gardens
in Winston-Salem, NC

Approx 300 vintage BMWs on display
in the streets of the historic village.
Live music, beer and wine gardens, and more!

Check out the website for more info, video
and pics from last year, and link to registration.

see ya then,
Scott Sturdy - festmeister

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve,

we could drive up to southern north carolina, then drive up the blue ridge parkway starts near bryson city, nc to around Boone, NC ... then a short drive across to Winston-Salem. its like driving on the natchez trace - slow speed limit, but very pretty. goes thru asheville. you know you can send your coupe to my house ... or trailer it here + store the trailer / tow vehicle in my driveway.

anybody else up for it?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My Father lives just near Boone. (Vilas) Great spot for a photo Op. The backroads there are something else. Hmmmn, not having your Cayman S might be hard there.

scottNC

Reaction score

Attachments

• Cover 13 .jpg
    Cover 13 .jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 155

wmnewlife

Reaction score
Depends on the renovation and condition of the 2800 being delivered to Atlanta in a few weeks, but it sounds great. The Blue Ridge Parkway, which for those trivia fans out there was approved on the condition that the senators from NC voted for social security, has a 45 mph speed limit, so plan on a leisurely tour.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like I am out - my son's HS graduation is the following wednesday, we have a houseful of guests arriving sunday night, and my wife doesn't tink it's a good idea to return on sunday with no time for prep - she needs to get her priorities straight! :) See you at Vintage 2013.

Steve,

we could drive up to southern north carolina, then drive up the blue ridge parkway starts near bryson city, nc to around Boone, NC ... then a short drive across to Winston-Salem. its like driving on the natchez trace - slow speed limit, but very pretty. goes thru asheville. you know you can send your coupe to my house ... or trailer it here + store the trailer / tow vehicle in my driveway.

anybody else up for it?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update!!

Wife suggests I fly solo - obviously thinking I won't do it - Scott: are you still planning to go? I will put plan in motion if so.

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Vintage in Roundel

I'll be driving down in WARP9 (my red 3.0CSi) and covering The Vintage for Roundel. I'll be leaving Newton MA at 0-dark-thirty Thursday May 24th and trying to do it in a day. Anyone else from the Great American Northeast?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm driving down with the coupe leaving the Milwaukee area on 5/23 sometime. Anyone headed there between here and there so we can caravan?

chicane

Reaction score
Thanks Scott

Just got back from The Vintage and all I have to say is AWESOME!!!!

This show is a must see for any vintage BMW fan. Thanks Scott.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Marshall Lytles M2 out powers the coupe by 60-80+hp. He was a little slower than the 1M Coupe but not by much and beat the 325Xi wagon from what I recall.