this is my story, from the begining till now

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
this little love-story started on july 2008, some months later i bought it in this condition:

pe5.jpg

pe2.jpg

pe3.jpg

16868282_g-1.jpg

then in my hands, cleaned, some electric contacts repaired, some oil spills fixed, and new steering wheel

toji.jpg

wol_error.gif
Esta imagen ha sido redimensionada. Haz click aquí para ver la imagen completa. El tamaño original es 1024x768 tamaño 174KB.
06102009395.jpg

reduce1.jpg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
and today, 2 years later, thousands of hours and,... also that, spent

yesterday in the cold winter sun

all that you can see, (...and what you can not see too), has been hand made

4970.jpg

4975.jpg

85002.jpg

4993-1.jpg

P2184992.jpg

5030.jpg

P2185006.jpg

P2185025.jpg

5022.jpg

P2185037.jpg

5018.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You've done a great job bringing her back to glory. I am trying to do little projects here and there to keep mine looking and running as she should. Count me in as a slave to Petri fashion - I love the look and feel of these steering wheels!

cs8.jpg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
a little funny story

You've done a great job bringing her back to glory. I am trying to do little projects here and there to keep mine looking and running as she should. Count me in as a slave to Petri fashion - I love the look and feel of these steering wheels!

wow steve
that´s beautiful ! i love your wood ! i wish i had it in the same condition, but it has been damaged by the southern sun !

the petri ? yeah, there is a beautiful story about it too, you know ? i bought the petri before buying the car !:-D, yes, it was an unexpected visit to berlin just after meeting her in it´s original dull condition with her horrible steering wheel, and suddenly i found that petri wheel in an "oldtimer telie shop", it was driving me crazy, to buy or not to buy the petri, because it was not so clear that i should bought the car, and the petri was not cheap neither !

so, think about me in the flight back to bilbao with a petri wheel in my hands thinking about how to explain it to my friends, ha, ha, ha !

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I bought my car I also found an NOS Petri in Germany, the steering wheel arrived before the car did because the transport truck broke down! I had to look at the Petri sitting there for a week with no car!

the petri ? yeah, there is a beautiful story about it too, you know ? i bought the petri before buying the car !:-D, yes, it was an unexpected visit to berlin just after meeting her in it´s original dull condition with her horrible steering wheel, and suddenly i found that petri wheel in an "oldtimer telie shop", it was driving me crazy, to buy or not to buy the petri, because it was not so clear that i should bought the car, and the petri was not cheap neither !

so, think about me in the flight back to bilbao with a petri wheel in my hands thinking about how to explain it to my friends, ha, ha, ha !

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
When I bought my car I also found an NOS Petri in Germany, the steering wheel arrived before the car did because the transport truck broke down! I had to look at the Petri sitting there for a week with no car!

nice story !:-D
sometimes you have to make decissions with your heart instead of your brain, but it is really weird, you or me with that beautiful steering wheel and no car behind !

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Me three" on the Petri wheels! Steve and deQuincey, it appears that both of you have the 400mm version. Is this so? Mines is the '380'.
IMG_0001-1.jpg

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dq ive been enjoying your posts for a long time
but never seen the unit
its reallly sweet
i just love your work and the super best presentation of your projects and sense of style in your workmanship
thank you very much for sharing all your neat stuyff
cant wait to see more
great job
im going to install hood struts
cause my s53 hits the oem spring
would you be up to drawing a sketch of how they should be installed
with your magic?
thsnk

Last edited: