Tribute to our coupes

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fine looking Coupe you have there Steve. I certainly have Petri envy now. As much as I like my Intervolante Steering Wheel, I think I need a Petri too. Do you have relays powering the headlights and Fogs? They look very White and Bright.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks - the Petri is my favorite period accessory that I hunted down - I never get tired of looking at it - it's one of those designs that to me looks perfect in these cars.

Yes I have relayed and fused the low, high, and driving lights on separate circuits - brighter on all bulbs, especially the low beams. I just bought another period set of driving lights from Italy - slightly smaller Cibie 40's - if they actually make it over here in one piece (or at all). More of a spot light lens and less of a diffused lense.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
Nice photos! Our coupes really do look similar (until I added the airdam). I told you previously that I wasn't exactly happy with the Lucas driving lights, what I didn't mention is that I was thinking of swapping them for a set of Cibie Tangos (which I think are the 40s you mention). They were actually being saved for a yet-un-realized project I was hoping to find, but I'd rather put them to good use than have them sit in the basement.
So, if you go with the smaller diameter before me, please post the photo because it might just give me the extra motivation to actually do it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, no those are Hella's - I have some vintage Cibie's en route that are slightly smaller and have a spotlight lens. If I like those then the Hellas will hit eBay to offset the Cibie purchase (at least that's the story my wife gets).

Very nice!
Are those Cibie driving lights? I really like the look!
Stan

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely from all angles! Especially like to black 5 slat kidney grill and the chromed Hella fog lights as they really accentuate the front end of the chromed bumper coupes. Very nice presentation Steve...great job by you and your son!

IrvinE9

Reaction score
Artistry

Steve,
Your son has some real talent and a good eye for shots -- nicely done. And the subject matter is lookin' really good too!

Mark