Trim rubber needed

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I'm in need of the thin rubber that fits into the chrome piece, which fits into the qt window.
What do you guys use? I was going to purchase new chrome but only one side is available.

dc7b2c4d374c89a58abc76294627b1c5.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry,

qt window? vent window or rear window. what i presume that you are asking is the rubber that fits on the front part of the rear window. getbmwparts.com shows that both sides are available for the vent window and the rubber on the front part of the rear window.

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Ok , you learn something everyday... I just put the two pieces together and realize the rubber fits . My bad

4e856c0f32c64c06144e17d75bdea8fe.jpg

My old rubber was missing .

One more thing I don't have to think about today.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
whatever you do, don't hit the chrome trim (with a rubber mallet - or anything very hard) when fitting it onto the rubber molding that is mounted onto the edge of the window. if you do, you are liable to narrow the slot that you have to fit that little 'ear' into. and if you do ... your thumbs will hurt for a while.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry, you first need to put the rubber on the edge of the rear window ... then put the chrome trim on ... then put the 'ear' into the slot on the chrome trim. you won't get that piece onto the window fully together.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, I thought rubber goes into trim and then it is pushed onto the glass? Been a long time since I've done it though. (Use lots of lube)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i wasn't able to do it that way. its been a couple of years since i did it. i was able to do it the way i described in 10 - 15 minutes a side ... and that included cleaning the glass

but i might be taking them off in the near future to put them on another piece of glass ... either that or i will take the glass out and put it on my spare regulator that has been cleaned + regreased while the car is in the shop.

Robert A

Reaction score
I had to wait 6 mos to get one side on mine. I can't remember which one now, but Korman's did the work and finally found one in Germany. Not NOS. I still cannot get the under the door rubber. Good luck.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i used a osk wedge i made just thicker and pounded it down to open it a millimeter then it sild on fine

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought two new chrome pieces for the left side rear qtr window (I think that is the only side available). The ONLY difference is the angle cut from left to right. The second one was modified to fit nicely on the right side. New chrome, new rubber, seals up great.

Bought the chrome and rubber from W & N.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fit the gasket on to the trim piece then use some quick detailer as a lubricant and push it on by hand. Roll the window up first so you lessen the chance of knocking the window out of alignment or worse, breaking the plastic guide.