Video of My Coupe

cskid

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I haven't posted too much here lately. Not much has changed with the car apart from a personalized plate and a bit of boring maintenance stuff.

A couple friends of mine put together a video of my car and I thought I'd share it with you gents. The music may not be 100% to your taste but the visuals will be.

Big thanks to Isaac from Odd Collective and Simon from Bearded Media.

Enjoy :)

https://vimeo.com/152217380

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I really like your car. I like the HD quality and the video production is very professional. With that said, there was a little too much panning and zooming for my taste. Ken Burns would probably really enjoy it though. Once again cool car! Any details on the suspension? Cut, bagged, or coilovers? What are you running for camber plates? Ireland Engineering?

cskid

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I've been asked a lot about my suspension. I'm going to take some photos of it and make a thread about it so you guys can see how its done. I'm also going to contact the person I had to build it to look into the possibility of making kits you guys could purchase.

Wheels are BBS RS265 and 264 stepped up to 18x8.5 and 9.5 tires are toyo 205/40/18 and 225/35/18

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gorgeous car, professional production, loved the initial music - hoped it would break into Thus Spake Zarathustra from Kubrick's 2001. Why are the windows up in some scenes and down in others?

How about engine, trunk shots?

Steve

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, cool coupe. Is the asymmetrical placement of the side mirrors based on functional sightlines from the drivers seat? I am about to reinstall just the drivers side mirror and can't decide on in front or behind the vent window.

Doug

cskid

Reaction score
Wow, cool coupe. Is the asymmetrical placement of the side mirrors based on functional sightlines from the drivers seat? I am about to reinstall just the drivers side mirror and can't decide on in front or behind the vent window.

Doug

It was like that when I got the car. I'm guessing so it can be adjusted from the drivers side.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great video

The overall dark representation mixed with limited use of splashes of sunshine teases to want to see much more. Makes the colors jump out at you. Well done.

peterkaczynski

Reaction score
huge fan of the car loved the video until the music changed, i had to mute it it was that awful, that being said the shots were still incredible and super clean love love love your e9, im assuming its static

cskid

Reaction score
huge fan of the car loved the video until the music changed, i had to mute it it was that awful, that being said the shots were still incredible and super clean love love love your e9, im assuming its static

Thanks bro, can't wait to see what you do with yours. Yes it's static. Sits on custom built coilovers.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's hard to believe this is the same model car I have. Very, very nice. BTW, if you place the passenger mirror exactly like the stock location on the drivers side, your view is blocked: measure twice, cut once.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is one of the best e9 related video I have seen. Loved everything. Including the music. It goes to show that this car works well with all kinds of interpretations, including a very modern one.

Ironically the auto tranny feels right with this visual and musical style.

Last edited: