Vintage at the Vinyard Question

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
In looking at the Vintage site, there is not a lot of information about activities for folks who do not have a vintage car entered.

My car remains in pieces, so I would be bringing my e39. How much of the activity around this event is accessible for non-vintage folks?

Jimbodawg

Reaction score
Sorry I can't answer your question but I thought I might add to the mystery:
I'd like to take the family up just to look around. Hoping to see some E9s but love a good show anyway. Is the event family friendly? (Should I bring a 3 year old?). Also is there a good time/date for spectators to see the cars? Or is it not so much a car show?

Thanks

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a lot of camaraderie at the hotel and the parking lot is a show in and of itself. In the evening there may even be entertainment by the Hack Minstrel.
The day of the show is family friendly with cars lining the main street of Old Salem. There are many stores and sights. Last year there was a farmers market. I saw a lot of families walking dogs and children in strollers.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
In looking at the Vintage site, there is not a lot of information about activities for folks who do not have a vintage car entered.

My car remains in pieces, so I would be bringing my e39. How much of the activity around this event is accessible for non-vintage folks?

bring the e39 and don't sweat it. There's enough to do to fill a day between the cars and local attractions. I haven't been in a few years but imagine that if anything its gotten better. The event used to be at Shelton Vineyards, a beautiful location with rolling topo, a pond, gift shop, wine tours,... it was a pretty fantastic venue. I'll be driving down from ****eysville in the coupe and maybe the e28 if you want to hook up and caravan it.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
bring the e39 and don't sweat it. There's enough to do to fill a day between the cars and local attractions. I haven't been in a few years but imagine that if anything its gotten better. The event used to be at Shelton Vineyards, a beautiful location with rolling topo, a pond, gift shop, wine tours,... it was a pretty fantastic venue. I'll be driving down from ****eysville in the coupe and maybe the e28 if you want to hook up and caravan it.

Good idea. I sent you a pm to see if we can make this work.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Good idea. I sent you a pm to see if we can make this work.

So... my vintage plans may be scrapped due to the glass installers ripping the rubber gasket for the front windshield while trying to install it. Can get another via real oem but will be pushing it to get here by friday. then still have to install it... and dont wanna put the seats in until the glass is done. A real cluster F...

really sucks.