WA: 1972 3.0 CSA - $23K

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Four hours old upon posting. If the inside and underside look as good as the outside I'm guessing this won't last through the day. Looks like it has black leather (tucked pleats) and a Nardi wheel (nardi hub)

Doesn't appear to have '73 bumpers. The headrests don't have 'ears' (as chris call them). This car is not registered, but I wish the registry was up to see adjacent VINs. The VIN range puts the build year through 12/72 and this VIN is only ~400 deep out of 2800 produced. Seems a bit low for a MY73.

I submitted a VIN check btw.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6094448387.html

http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=2230466

00a0a_ed6AhVEGyPS_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
BTW - This is closer to Portland than Seattle so I can't check it out. :( This one has me excited to the point where I'm doing coupe restoration math in my head. I will not be pursuing however...

tightbox

Reaction score
This could be a great one. Any owner with the foresight to keep the original drivetrain (and all other parts) obviously understood the value of originality and really loved his car!

Looks very nice - notice the missing rocker covers and VERY clean rocker underneath. No side markers too.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks very nice - notice the missing rocker covers and VERY clean rocker underneath. No side markers too.

As Chris pointed out this is a euro car. That means there probably isn't any reflector hole filling going on in those fenders. It also still has the euro blinkers.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Wrap the harness with tape and it wont be so scary. interesting to go through all that trouble and make it an automatic from a manual. wonder if the owner could no longer shift. also being in vancouver i wonder if its 23k CAD or USD

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
also being in Vancouver i wonder if its 23k CAD or USD

That would be Vancouver, WA. Potentially the best place to live in the US. Live and work in Washington (No Income Tax), and buy everything in Oregon (No Sales Tax in Oregon, WA is 10%). The only downside is that you have to live in Vancouver, WA. :D

vancouver.png

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks ok, but man, the retrofit of the wiring is pretty bad.

Also, must everything be spray-bombed under the hood? Look at the wiper area:

spray-bomb.jpg

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was an E9 for sale last year in about April in Kansas that got there out of Texas with some of the same queues as this car. I am not saying it is the same, but it was also silver with a freshish paint job, filled in rear badge holes etc, pushed in rear bumber and was short the engine installation. I am almost inclined to call and ask how long they had the car because I just have a feeling this may be the same car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was an E9 for sale last year in about April in Kansas that got there out of Texas with some of the same queues as this car. I am not saying it is the same, but it was also silver with a freshish paint job, filled in rear badge holes etc, pushed in rear bumber and was short the engine installation. I am almost inclined to call and ask how long they had the car because I just have a feeling this may be the same car.

Hmm could be! Here is the link. The blue dashboard would be the tell.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/decent-73-e9-on-ebay.21847/

Last edited:

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmm could be! Here is the link. The blue dashboard would be the tell.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/decent-73-e9-on-ebay.21847/

Yes that this is the one! Geez this forum really does capture practically every car on sale here in the US! Indeed the blue dash would be the tell. I entertained this car and spoke extensively with the seller. It wa a great conversation as he had worked on a customer 507 no less. However at 15k and many pieces missing due to the car having been seized from a bankrupt panel shop I did not move further with it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The VIN range puts the build year through 12/72 and this VIN is only ~400 deep out of 2800 produced. Seems a bit low for a MY73.

The BMW 3.0 CS Automatic VIN 2230466 was manufactured on November 05th, 1971 and delivered on November 10th, 1971 to the BMW dealer Müller in Düsseldorf. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 060.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Heard back from BMW. I will send this to the seller for his/her records.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
CL posting does show spare parts including a part of a bumper, though I cannot tell which one.