Wanted - parts for a 68 2000CS

Keen

Reaction score
I am currently looking for parts for a 68 2000CS and wondered if any members may be able to assist with my search. With thanks.

Driver Door Mirror
C pillar base and roundels ( repro's are fine)
Rocker panel trim for both sides
Door rubber seals
Door sills
Steering column veneered top piece
Rubber pads for pedals
Heater hoses
Dip Stick
Engine Bay Fuse box cover

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am currently looking for parts for a 68 2000CS and wondered if any members may be able to assist with my search. With thanks.

Driver Door Mirror
C pillar base and roundels ( repro's are fine)
Rocker panel trim for both sides
Door rubber seals
Door sills
Steering column veneered top piece
Rubber pads for pedals
Heater hoses
Dip Stick
Engine Bay Fuse box cover
Hi;
Not sure if I emailed yyou before. The fuse box cover can be bought from Aihead VW. Exact same cover as the 2000CS. Do you have the aibox? I have a complete set up if needed. I can help you with finding te items on the list if you want me too.
Koopman

Keen

Reaction score
Koopman:

My apologies as I did not see your response until I was alerted to it this morning by email. I would very much appreciate your assistance and would be interested in the fuse box set that you currently have. Perhaps I can pm you with further requirements.

With thanks.

Keen

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Koopman:

My apologies as I did not see your response until I was alerted to it this morning by email. I would very much appreciate your assistance and would be interested in the fuse box set that you currently have. Perhaps I can pm you with further requirements.

With thanks.

Keen
Hi Keen; I do not have a fuse box set up. You can order the cover and box if you need one from Airhead VW.
What I do have is a complete air box set up that goes on the 2000CS but not the 2000C. It is extremely rare and I have only seen one and the asking price was $450.
I will sell mine for $300 and can send you photos if you send me your email.
I am more thann happy to help you find what you need. I have been searching 2000CS parts for 18 years and have become very knowledgeable.
Waiting to hear.
Koopman

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the fuse box cover, Koop... I needs one of them :)

Ed Z

...just ordered it

Last edited:

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
$7.95....plus another $7 for shipping :(

Not sure why W&N doesn't list this on their site for the 2000CS. Oh well, mine's on the way.

Thanks again for the tip.

Ed

KARNUT1

Reaction score
what kind of drivers door mirror do you want? i have nice "flag" mirrors

Keen

Reaction score
Koopman and Karnut 1:

Thank you for your offers of the air box and flag mirrors. I have fortunately found some items from my initial list in a misplaced box, but am still looking for the items listed below. As well, Koopman, I would like to confirm if Airhead had a fusebox that would fit the 2000CS as I have been on their website and was uncertain which one to order. Sincere thanks.

Keen

Window regulator/handle
Dip Stick
Rubber pads for foot pedals
Lower door rubber seal

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Aren't the pads the same as ours? I thought BMW kept that design for a long time.

Keen

Reaction score
I have looked at pictures and the 2000CS appear wider and not all tall as the 3.0CS. Attached is a picture that I was able to find on the internet.

autorevue-classic-cars-BMW-2000-CS-innenrau1.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ha! that wheel is upside down.... nice interior though.

I just bought the 8 Fuse cover from Airhead VW... and promptly broke it when I installed it. It's mostly correct, but it is VERY thin plastic and as I pinched it to snap it under the lip of the fuse box.. it shattered. Grrrrrr...

It will work, but be gentle with it.

Ed

I believe W&N has the pedal pads?

Keen

Reaction score
Ed:

I noticed the upside down wheel as well in the picture and agree with your thoughts on the interior which I hope to come close to. Thank you for your tip on the fuse cover from Airhead.

Would you please advise what company W&N would be as I am still new to this.

With thanks.

Keen

Keen

Reaction score
I have not had any experience buying from companies located abroad. Is the turnaround time very long? With thanks.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have not had any experience buying from companies located abroad. Is the turnaround time very long? With thanks.

W&N sells a lot of parts internationally. If you order by Monday, you will get it before the weekend. At least n the US.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have looked at pictures and the 2000CS appear wider and not all tall as the 3.0CS. Attached is a picture that I was able to find on the internet.

autorevue-classic-cars-BMW-2000-CS-innenrau1.jpg
Hi Keen;
As far as the mirror for the driver's door,most 2000CS had the mirrors way up front on the fenders.