West Coast Summer Concours

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see that the Central Cal Chapter has posted some facts about the summer concours on their web site. It will be August 13th at Rancho Canada in Carmel Valley, same as last year, and Porsche and MB will also participate with separate judging. Here is the link:

http://www.summerconcours.org/2010/Home.html

It was a great event last year with over 200 cars and this year should be even better.

Shawn

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

How do you register?

i could not find a link on the website?

Thanks,

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Registration isn't open yet. Paul Cain has more details, I will pester him again. I found out about MB and Porsche from the MB Star magazine.

Chris

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Registration is now open for the West Coast Summer Concours, the following is from the Press release:

This Concours kicks-off the Monterey Vintage car weekend held annually during the third week of each August. The Central California Chapter of the BMW CCA is excited to play host at one of most beautiful locations in Carmel -the breathtaking fairways of the Rancho Canada’s West Course. The event will include invitations to the Mercedes Benz Club of America and the Porsche Owners Club. The event will include a parking corral area (on the grass) for those registered but not participating in the judging activities.

This new venue is the perfect backdrop for both low stress picnicers or serious concours competitors vying for a place in one of the nine Concours categories. All entrants are encouraged to bring their own picnic baskets and beverages. Additionally, box lunches will also be available at 12:00 PM in the display area.

The “Monterey Weekend” is famous for bringing together the finest in motorsports and classic cars. As one of the largest gatherings of BMWs on the West Coast, this Concours offers participants the ultimate venue to enjoy the finest in rare and classic BMWs.

Additional attractions may include wine tasting, a silent auction for a local charity and several guest speakers and celebrity judges. There will be additional vendors and displays on site.

The event will begin with registration at 7:00 A.M. Cars will be placed on the field at 8:00 A.M., judging will begin promptly at 10:00 A.M. and the awards ceremony will begin at 1:00 P.M. The event will last until 3:00 P.M. Cost of the event is $50 per car through July 1st, $75 thereafter.

For additional information, please contact Wayne Wundram at [email protected] To pre register for the event and current updates, visit our website www.cccbmwcca.org.

A few words on Judging and Classes:

There are two ways to enter your car in this event, either as a member of a Special Interest Group or in our Open Class.
Special Interest Groups (2002’s, Coupes, M’s etc) will be judged in two classes, Concours Original or Concours Modified. Each will be judged on a 100 point system using SCCA type judging criteria. We may add additional Special Interest Groups as necessary.
Open Class entrants will have the option of selecting from one of three entry levels:

Class and Area(s) to be judged

Concours Class
- Everything below, including engine compartment and undercarriage.

Super Clean Class
- Interior, exterior, trunk, wheels and tires.

Clean Class
- Exterior of car only.

Open class is NOT model specific. You may be included with other models, but all cars in that class will judged in the same areas, by the same judges.

There will be special awards for the car that drove the longest distance to the event, for the longest owned, and for the highest mileage BMW as well as a People’s Choice award.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Registration is officially open and over 35 cars have already registered. You can go to this site to register and view registration statistics:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/BFE1621E-A12F-1CBC-20478204A5157C85

Don't wait until the last minute to find out that registration is closed. The venue is superb and last year's innaugural concours was a big success. Whether you display or park in the corral you'll have a great time. The photo below was the line-up of coupes after the awards.

Attachments

• CIMG4006-1.JPG
    CIMG4006-1.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 206

atan888

Reaction score
I had fun last year and this year Im in for 4 or 5 cars including my Pcar.

2002 turbo (Bella)
E9 (Jabberjaw)
M2 (Cola)
993tt (Big bird)

If my other restored 2002 turbo makes it Ill take her as well.

Alvin

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking forward to it!

I'm in and I'll be driving up this year in an AC-equipped car for the first time and a few more ponies than last year. No more complaints from my teenager son about the heat through Paso Robles, etc.

Chris, will there be caravans leaving from So-Cal again, Thursday?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wayne,

Yes, a few of us generally leave early Thursday morning to avoid the West LA traffic and have breakfast in Santa Barbara around 8:30. We stop for gas in SLO and then head up Hwy 1. This year I think it would be fun to stay on the 101 up past Paso Robles and turn off on the Naciemento-Ferguson road which winds through the foothills and up and over the mountains to near Lucia on the 1. It is an awesome 1 1/2 lane road with very little traffic and a beautiful view of the Pacific from the top. Here is a pic of the group from last year, anyone is welcome to join in.

Chris

(who needs A/C? That's why you have windows!)

Attachments

• CIMG3962-1.JPG
    CIMG3962-1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 237

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Carmel Summer Concours

Get those applications in if you plan on attending. Many owners wait until very late like last year but it will fill up and you may be out of luck. Looking forward to seeing many of you again this year.

shanon

Reaction score
gauging interest....

OK, who's up for carravaning down (Thurs or Fri AM?) from the Bay Area or cruising around a bit after the meet on Friday the 13th?

Coupe crawl anyone?

-shanon
"....might be the least concours-clean BMWs you'll ever see...." ;-)

aw21

Reaction score
Was so hoping my coupe would be refreshed and repainted by now but of course, it's not...

Regardless, I'll be there to enjoy all the other coupes!

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So Cal Guys- Monterey is around the corner

There is a caravan leaving Thursday August 12th in the AM for the event. Anyone else in San Diego interested in jumping onto this bandwagon? Sounds like a lot of fun..

Gary

shanon

Reaction score
Coupers,

What do ya say those arriving Thursday meet at the Baja Cantina (bajacantina.com) after 5pm-ish for a cool refreshing beverage after a long drive? Classic Motorsports Magazine has a BBQ (very casual affair) and from what I've read, there is a lot of neat stuff littering the parking lot....

Hopefully we'll see ya there....

-The Full Monte-ists

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shanon,

That will require us to head south on Hwy 1 after arriving in Monterey at a miserable time since we will be heading north around 3 or so to check in. Any other locales available? If not we may brave the traffic, looking forward to a great time.

Any tricks to make my windows run even slower so I can compete in the Slowest Window contest?

Chris

shanon

Reaction score
Well, I guess we'll see ya when we see ya, just honk if ya see a coupe about.

Ha ha! Yes, this year I will MC the 'Slowest Windows in the West!'

Where: BMW CCA Concours...wherever your Coupe has landed on the lawn.
When: High Noon (-ish)
Who: Any coupe I spot on the lawn. (Yes, it's mandatory, its just not in the program)
Classes: Power and Manual

Tips to win: don't clean your windows and don't feed the 40 year old hamsters that turn the motors. (This may impair your chance to win a concours class, but we all know this is infinitely more important)

;-)

shanon

Reaction score
ARGH!

Don't ya hate it when ya finally order that silly little widget to finally fix something before a meet/show only to have it arrive and its for the wrong side!!!

I guess 'Best of Show' is out of the question now...;-)

-s

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shanon,

Maybe not best of show but you cherish your coupe and enjoy the heck out of it, what more could it ask of you?

Hope to see and meet a few of you Friday, gonna be a lot of fun.

Chris

shanon

Reaction score
Its all good Chris, just tossing some friendly banter in our lil' cyber lounge here...;-)
Looking forward to seeing ya'll again this Friday-ish.

Coupes up!
-s