What would you pay for a pair of high quality reproduction tail light frame/lens

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
Late to the party, Stan, thanks for driving this... please count me in for a set of amber. I'm down under (Melbourne) and see that loloe13 (anyone else?) is here in town too. Perhaps one shipment would be possible / more cost effective? Is this an option. And how do we pay you?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Late to the party, Stan, thanks for driving this... please count me in for a set of amber. I'm down under (Melbourne) and see that loloe13 (anyone else?) is here in town too. Perhaps one shipment would be possible / more cost effective? Is this an option. And how do we pay you?

PM with your mailing address and I will have the set sent directly to you.
Also I will reply with my Pay Pal

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, any updates from our manufacturing friend on these lenses? no rush or panic, just curious as to when i need to get some re-chroming done

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, he has gone dark again. Last I heard was he would send one set directly to loloe13 in Oz. I sent 3 emails asking when I might see more.
James, you are on the list :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
UPDATE

I got an email from the manufacturer. Evidently there is a lot of craftsmanship involved. The lenses are molded and hand trimmed to fit into the set of lens frames I sent to him. Progress will occur but will be slow.
Thank you for your patience.
I hope to see some next week and will begin sending out FIFO.
To those of you heading west, see you in Monterey!!!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Stan,

any news? I just need a single red centre lens but if that doesnt work will take a pair. My car looks a bit sad with one missing!

Regards,

Rohan

Tyler

Reaction score
Hi Stan - can you do amber back up lights? Mine's a french car and I'd like to preserve this original oddity.

If that's possible, I'd like a set with amber turn signals, red centers, and amber back up lights please.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Stan - can you do amber back up lights? Mine's a french car and I'd like to preserve this original oddity.

If that's possible, I'd like a set with amber turn signals, red centers, and amber back up lights please.
Yes, I will put you on the list

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I received the lenses Stan, thanks. They look great and I am pleasantly surprised to see all the markings were preserved. including "Germany" and "Hella".

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update: Thank you for your patience. The manufacturer has again gone dark. Three to four weeks ago the guy told me he was manufacturing at high speed and was about to ship. Well, I am waiting and have sent many emails - most with return receipt which I receive. I have checks from some of you which I will cash only when I send the lenses to you. Others have sent Pay Pal. I will ship as soon as anything arrives. I will continue to add folks to the list if they are patient and do not mind waiting.
Thanks again for your understanding.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the recurring delays Stan.

All you Aussies on this forum know this guy is not living up to the high standards we in the rest of the world expect from Aussies!!! Better get him to shape up and fly right!!!

Good luck Stan, and please continue to keep us advised.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Don't expect anything to happen today(1/11/16) we have the Horse Race that stops the nation. Lol.....