WTB: 1- MSW Type 1925D "basket weave" rim.

mosearch

Reaction score
This is a long shot, but it turns out that one of my rims has a major bend...enough that balancing it it a non-starter; and it's just barely serviceable as a rear wheel.
So I'd like to either replace it or maybe get it reconditioned.
I see there is a place in Ohio that seems to be capable of reconditioning bends so I may go that way...

However, if anyone out there has a source of these MSW Type 1925D rims, 7Jx14H2 ET 15 KBA 40999...please let me know. But I suspect this will end up as too rare to find; and reconditioning may be the only option (besides simply replacing all 4 with another design
IMG_2699.JPG
).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you can't find one, i have seen some miracles done with reconditioning. reconditioning can be more expensive that a replacement

mosearch

Reaction score
Yes, I bet you are right. There mast be some place on the west coast set up for that kind of repair. Any recommendations?

mosearch

Reaction score
Indeed, restart was right; I discovered that the wheel reconditioning HQ for most of Northern California is in San Rafael: Wheel Repair Solutions.
And rsporsche was also right: this kind of thing is not cheap; it's going to run me $145.
But I got to see the machine; and I'm confident they will do a great job; plus, I have no shipping expense, and I'll be able to retain this nice matching set.