wtb door seal

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
good luck Alan ... i suspect you will have to buy the whole piece ... i looked around to find an old one - no luck. which side do you need? i might have a quasi reasonable passenger side bottom ... but i don't think so. i know my drivers side bottom is bad, its already in the trash with a new one in place.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3889.JPG
part on the body

Are you looking for the bottom of the door rubber surround that fits in the chrome strip as seen at lower left of the photo?

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
The bottom door pieces of the surrounds on both sides of my car were trashed even though the rest of the rubber was okay. I have complete sets for each side, but chose to replace just the bottoms until it is time for paint etc. Looked for just that piece and searched the forum for a solution. Couple of dedicated rubber resources didn't really replicate the profile and were still quite expensive. Finally found a non-identical, but practical replacement on, of all places, Amazon. Trim-Lok is the brand and I believe it was the 1/4 channel with the 3/4 round bead. You might decide on another profile once you find the selection. - Believe there is a one inch as well that would work too.

Worked fine aside from having to tape the bead down with painters tape to allow the closed door to form-fit the round profile to more closely replicate the original over time.

About $40 or $50 bucks if memory serves for more than enough for both doors.

Hope this helps if this is what you were thinking of.

IMG_5981 lite sm.jpg
IMG_5982 lite sm.jpg
IMG_5983 lite sm.jpg

You can see in the first photo that bottom piece is torn & missing in places. The second shows decent original piece butted up against replacement and you can see how the original flattens at bottom versus the round bead profile of the new item. That's why you would tape down to replicate. The third shows the profile prior to fitting on metal trim piece. Photos aren't great, but hopefully tell the story.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
thank you all i just need about 4" of the oem to match the new i put in
but it was just a inch too short

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alan, i am sending you an entire bottom section, there are 2 sections that are usable - the bottom threshold part is not ... both vertical parts are. will be in the mail tomorrow. if this is usable, please make a donation to the site to cover postage