WTB Window Guide

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking for this part for front drivers window: Prt # 51321800193.
1692717105842.png

BorgBmw

Reaction score
Me too - been looking for years. There is a pass ever side one on eBay. Anyway, if you find a source, please update post.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Somehow when I searched the part number on Realoem it does not show that the part is for an E9.
Please check and let me know. Just curious.

BorgBmw

Reaction score
Ebay part sold.
yes, knew it was wrong part, so had passed on it. Anyway, my issue is that one of the roller wheels is broken in half, so that when I roll the window down, it becomes misaligned at the top front portion of the glass. Do you think there is a way to just replace one of the little wheels on the existing part, or somehow fashion a repair?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a wheel from the same part. I repaired one for a member a few years ago and worked. If you send me the part I will repair it for you.
My mailing address:
HARRY MALKASIAN
6 JACKSON DR.
UPTON, MA 01568.

BorgBmw

Reaction score
I have a wheel from the same part. I repaired one for a member a few years ago and worked. If you send me the part I will repair it for you.
My mailing address:
HARRY MALKASIAN
6 JACKSON DR.
UPTON, MA 01568.
Thanks. I may take you up on that, but I may try myself first if I can locate / fab a similar type wheel.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks. I may take you up on that, but I may try myself first if I can locate / fab a similar type wheel.
Go to Home Depot and look at all the various rollers they have for sliding doors and screens. Guessing from your picture they should have something. You will have to drill out the rivet on your existing one and then fab something up

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Believe I found a solution. Searched Amazon for rollers and found a couple quite close, with ball bearings! I will fab them on some way. Wish I knew how they pressed that washer on? Probably have the correct tools.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a product called "Chicago screws". It is a female threaded sleeve with a male part that screws into it. It should replicate the function of a rivet and with a flat head on either side

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you are referring to what is called "book screws", "binding screws", and also as "book binding screws".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829_210439_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_210439_Samsung Internet.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 35