Yet another fine PNW day for driving

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last Sunday we managed to get eight coupes and one bavaria together for a nice Spring drive through the northern foothills of the Cascades. It was a lovely/spirited drive on quiet back roads - sun, rivers, forest, plain & mountain views. Also, great company with fellow NW drivers. Some pics below. Coincidentally, one of the view points we stopped at looks down on the town of Mt. Vernon - the starting point of the TSD rally mentioned elsewhere.

Attachments

• CoupeAtViewParking.jpg
    CoupeAtViewParking.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 229
  • CoupeLineup.jpg
    CoupeLineup.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 205
  • CoupeNosesLow.jpg
    CoupeNosesLow.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 220
  • CoupeTailsLow.jpg
    CoupeTailsLow.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 229
  • MtVernon.jpg
    MtVernon.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm impressed, that is a nice looking lot. It seems hard enough to see that many E9/E3's in one place outside of a major event in OC/LA, let alone PNW. That's great to see! I lived up there briefly, some beautiful back roads and views up there. I had my 76' Golf 02' at the time, let me tell you those winter snowy days in Seattle with that car were a little sketch at times (No chains and the hills). Looks like you guys picked a nice route. Seems so peaceful compared to here...LOL All nice looking cars, I like the black coupe, don't see those too often.

I'm hoping to see some more of you E9/E3 guys out at the next SoCal Vintage drive. I think Chris was the only E9 last time. There is a nice surprise where we end up and it is my stomping grounds on the route.... so stay tuned....For those that have both E3 and E9's, for this drive, I'm trying to get more E3's involved. Going to try and get a good amount of us out there for the drive.

Nice work Sven!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great turnout.

Love the Skagit Valley, San Juan Islands and the Cascades. My aunt and uncle have lived in Mt. Vernon for 45+ years.

We'll be driving up the coast in Athena, after the Monterey festivities in August. Plan to visit my relatives, Peter Gleeson, the Lemay Auto Museum, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier then heading to Glacier Nat'l Park on the way home. That's the plan anyway.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice - can you put names to the cars?

Steve - I'll let the individual owners chime in. Mine is the silver coupe (without the front spoiler). Most have some forum presence.

let me tell you those winter snowy days in Seattle with that car were a little sketch at times (No chains and the hills)

Yep, back in high school and later I took the O2 and Bavaria up skiing all the time.

Andrew - I hope to see you down in Monterey. I will be there with the coupe and will also be driving back via the coast (at least the Oregon portion). May see you on the road or up here in Seattle. You have a full agenda - sounds fun.

Last edited:

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's a shot of my Coupe.. the blue one.

I am in Sven's pics as well.
It is the light 'kinda' Fjord colored car. It actually is a match to a faded Bikail blue color.. A shade darker than Fjord, very much lighter than 'real' Bikail.

Was a great day to get out.
I am on borrowed time as my transmission is giving up and the car overheats at the drop of a hat, but... On Sunday - All was good.

Next is the May BMW Celebration (100 year anniversary) at America's Car Museum (Lemay Museum in Tacoma).

Attachments

• _DSC4374 (Large) copy.jpg
    _DSC4374 (Large) copy.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 201

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine is the nachtblau just the other side of Svens. We've done a couple of drives in this general area but our intrepid tour guide seems to find new and wonderful roads each time.

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 182

COUPE9

Reaction score
Mine is the '73 Baikal 3.0cs in the front of the image attached. Have had it since 2009, and STILL learning about it. Driving it down to Monterey again this year, only this time with triple-webers (which is the current project underway after this drive).

Attachments

• IMG_9172.jpg
    IMG_9172.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 186

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mines the Granatrot cooling down in the shade with Kevin's, lovely picture by the way.
Great day all the way around, scenery, roads and the weather was perfect.