From: Carl J. Westcott
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001
Subject: Removing windscreen
two methods of glass removal I have tried.
- pull the metal expansion/trim piece out carefully and it should be reusable
- use a plastic shim to release the grip of the gasket to the external paint, "Simple Green" soap is a good lubricant for this purpose, and eventually fingers can be used to disperse the soap under the gasket, and between the gasket and the glass
- get at least two friends to help
- two sit on reclined front seats and place both feet (4 total) on the inside of the windscreen
- one (or two) on the outside with gloves and goggles on, plenty of padding on the hood (old sheep skins, ect)
- apply, gentle even pressure from the inside until the glass starts to move. the glass must come out evenly and slowly. twisting,bending,prying ect will break it
or just have a professional do it.
Nico Kamphorst wrote:
> Hello group,
> I want to remove the front and rear screen of my 1971 3.0 CS.
> Any tips on the best way to do this?
> Nico Kamphorst