The Vintage May 19-21 2017 in Asheville NC

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Clarion Inn Asheville Airport: (828) 684-1213 , mention "BMW Car Show" when booking HOTEL IS FULLY BOOKED. Rooms usually open up close to the event as people cancel.

Fairfield Inn: (828) 684-1144 mention "BMW Car Show" when booking.

I arrive on Thursday the 18th and leave Sunday the 21st. I do the trip in 2 days and plan to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway from the end of Skyline Drive to Asheville. Hoping for better weather than 2016.

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/map.php

Last edited:

coupelady

Reaction score
Already booked! I missed the boat on that one. I will call the Fairfield today! I wonder if the Clarion has a cancellation list? Probably not, maybe I will get lucky and call at the right time to get a cancellation. Enjoy the drive!

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I also missed the clarion. But I'm waiting to book pending what ideas Chris Ohmes comes up with! We need to get Macha and some other west coasters to come out for our east coast/south adventure!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drew -- great idea.

Chris -- We are thinking shipment to DC area, and as Drew notes meeting up with some of the NorEasters. Looking into a bunch of stuff: a little local road rally, Katie's Cars n Coffee, carting at VIR, Blue Ridge Parkway (Tail of the Dragon?), Military Aviation Museum... Lots of moving parts right now.

Further to my earlier message, can we connect up on how much time you may have; whether your car will arrive before or after you do; how important is Katie's (on the 13th); interest in visiting the Biltmore in Ashville; etc.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
This sounds good. And planning ahead ... except places already booked! I'd be interested in pooling down from DC. I might drive the 7 and then could offer seat space for any who would be stuck in the back seat of a coupe ;-)
Pic of the 7 on Skyline Drive couple weeks back.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
It's a worthwhile show. I'm booked at the Fairfield. Both the Clarion and Fairfield are about 45 minutes from the show site at Hot Springs. Perhaps a bunch of us could book something in Hot Springs?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Greetings Vintage Voyagers.

I am happy to report that unlike the area in and around Northern Virginia where I live, road surfaces from the Front Royal Northern entrance, past Dickey Ridge and Elkwallow, beyond the Thornton Gap entrance and all the way to Skyland are quite good. In addition, I can confirm rumors of heavy speed enforcement in this vicinity. Alas, fall colors have not yet reached their peak.

Skyline Drive Roads 3.JPG

I have also scouted a great location to spend a few minutes setting up a GoPro and capturing the mellifluous sound of our beloved BMWs.

Skyline Drive GoPro 2.JPG

coupelady

Reaction score
Wow this would be so exciting to have a great group of coupes all together at one of my favorite gatherings. Would it be a good idea to plan an evening someplace for a coupe dinner? I live about 1 hour away so can scout it out. Let me know what you you'd like to do/eat/drink. There is a very lovely restaurant Sierra Nevada not far from the hotel (they do not take reservations but it is a big place going early would help as well). Of course good parking is always a must!

Amy

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I second Sierra Nevada, it is excellent. There is a shuttle available from the Clarion, that's what we did last year.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I live 45 minutes south of Sierra Nevada and I second the idea of having a gathering there. They have a large parking lot and might be willing to accommodate a large group of us including a tour of the brewery. There are lots of homes for rent in fletcher, flat rock and Hendersonville which are also in the immediate vicinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dohn

Reaction score
Now that I've joined the Clan of the Coupe (Coupists? Coupinistas?) I definitely will be doing The Vintage. Andrew, I see you arrive on Thursday. I don't see a web site yet; does the event start on Friday or Saturday? From here it's an easy one-day drive, so I might see what Mike Self and the gang are doing. Count me in for the Sierra Nevada as well. Might as well get the full immersion treatment!
Guess I'd better get cracking on a hotel reservation...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The event starts on Friday with a tour to Greer, show itself is Saturday and there may be a tour Sunday, most people head home Sunday morning.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Third vote for Sierra Nevada. Even if lodging at the Fairfield it's worth catching the shuttle bus from the nearby Clarion. And, has anyone thought about renting space at Hot Springs?