New coupe owner, long time 2002er...

BarneyT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Barney Toler here in Leander, Texas...
8FD9D389-0F26-4F84-9EF2-88C265F9225B.jpeg
Proud to be the new owner of a Baikal 71 2800cs 124,000 original miles 1000 miles in the last 12 years. my plan right now is to get sorted it out mechanically first and then cosmetically...
8E4855A0-19F3-4F5C-A0A2-4A86F4F08BEF.jpeg
F09ACBA5-6BE3-4ED8-B322-B066DD5CA2DF.jpeg
BFA73EED-B78F-4617-A6B1-47A41A1C7E90.jpeg
5ABAE1F9-D7BA-44F4-95A1-F0D05F7977AC.jpeg

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations Barney! We hope to be in Austin to pick up a converted '02 trailer from Terry around the first week of May. Maybe we can drop by to see the new coupe. And I'm certain you will be able to waste a lot more money on this than on any '02!
Barney's famous BMW trailer:

Attachments

• Barney's Money Wasters.jpeg
    Barney's Money Wasters.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 142

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Barney, I’m sure Ed will be working with you on this one, she’s a beauty.

Barney has been searching for an e9 ever since we put the final touches on my 2000CS, two years ago. This one is mostly sorted and came from a loving owner. We also have the very talented @Peter Coomaraswamy in the mix to drop his knowledge on us. I know it will be a great car when Barney is done working the magic.

Ed Z

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
You'll quickly find that we're a bunch of pompous, big ego'd, self-centered, walk around looking down our noses type of owners.

Excellent description! Coming from the '02 to the e9 world can be quite a shock. But I am sure Barney will quickly learning how to steer with one pinkie sticking up in the air and how to ask a fellow e9 owner if they have any Grey Poupon.

BarneyT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Excellent description! Coming from the '02 to the e9 world can be quite a shock. But I am sure Barney will quickly learning how to steer with one pinkie sticking up in the air and how to ask a fellow e9 owner if they have any Grey Poupon.
Hal, would love to see you guys give me a call 512 789 35 93...

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mr T.
I recall speaking to an owner of a Blue 2800cs with white interior at coupe gathering in Monterey 25 years ago. It stuck with me because he said it’s was factory color and he never took his kids out for ice cream. He was from San Diego. Not many e9s running around with white interior. Congrats!
As a vintage BMW guy who‘s existed simultaneously in 2002 and e9 world for many years there’s nothing to it, I would say the number of us who own both is pretty substantial. (Time for a pole?) Any stories you’ve heard about e9 owner‘s arrogance are greatly exaggerated. It’s not like we’re Porsche guys. ;)
john

Last edited:

BarneyT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mr T.
I recall speaking to an owner of a Blue 2800cs with white interior at coupe gathering in Monterey 25 years ago. It stuck with me because he said it’s was factory color and he never took his kids out for ice cream. Not many e9s running around with white interior. Congrats!
As a vintage BMW guy who‘s existed simultaneously in 2002 and e9 world for many years there’s nothing to it, Any stories you’ve heard about e9 owner‘s arrogance are greatly exaggerated. It’s not like we’re Porsche guys. ;)
john
Not sure of the history completely but the car did start off in California and I know it was there for at least 20 years, I also know in the first 11 years of life it only had 12,000 miles put on it...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like you need some window switches.

Sux that earlier coupes didn't have dedicated window switch plugs with pins.