Bonhams > CSL

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If anyone will be there next week, check out this real lightweight; http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23977/lot/60/?category=list&length=10&page=6

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 4.16.11 PM.png

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wonderful car.
Although am a bit curious why a CSL lightweight would have an electric aerial set up and a non CSL spare in the boot. I assume both these wouldn't be origional spec?

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Correct, it was my ex Colorado!
When I bought the car, unfortunately it did not have the original wheels and I just put four recent production original 14" Alpina. Don't know if it came from the factory with electric aerial or was aftermarket. But in 70's and 80's in Italy it was much more usual to have radios and aerial installed aftermarket than options from factory.
However, a genuine lightweight CSL and a great color, good luck with the sale!

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Lorenzo. I've always admired that one because it was so original... and the color my car should still be! Can you confirm if it still had it's original plexi windows and light weight carpets when you sold it?

Best Regards- Richard

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will be at the sale, but looking at another car. Happy to answer any questions if someone here needs info.
Scott

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott- would love to get a critical appraisal of the condition to reconcile with the sale price... assuming it sells.

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Lorenzo. I've always admired that one because it was so original... and the color my car should still be! Can you confirm if it still had it's original plexi windows and light weight carpets when you sold it?

Best Regards- Richard

Ciao Richard, confirm: all interior untouched and preserved from new, original plexi. Car was resprayed in another colour and then repainted in Colorado many years before I bought it.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was the lucky purchaser at the Bonhams "powered by BMW" sale in Munich 2011

http://www.bonhams.com/locations/MUBM/#/ag1=past&MR1_main_index_key=sale&m1=1

Got to meet Lorenzo (a gentleman and a friend) and his lovely wife at the sale. I had this car for a few years and then as my collection increased and another fully restored Carb CSL was added to my collection, another collector made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

It left me in the same condition Lorenzo described above, original interior, Lexan windows etc and yes, it did have the lightweight carpet. I have no idea what has been done since, but an early Carb CSL with all its original bits, has to be a great addition to any collection.

Good luck to the seller, I hope it does well.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional input Peter... I was wondering why you would have moved this one along but now it make sense. This is my cars twin so it caught my attention - always thought it was the deal of the year when you bought it.

Thanks- Richard

PS- I enjoyed looking over your BAT and talking with you (with Ron P) last year at the Carmel lunch stop... another great car.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Someone's lucky day today! Auction day.
Maybe a forum member here, hopefully.