Someday...

dealpilot

Reaction score
Someday I hope to be part of the E9 owner club. For now I intend to learn as much as I can and possibly find the perfect one for me. I've always loved pillarless coupes and almost had a 73 3.0CS as my first foray into the BMW world. Unfortunately back in 2002 I was convinced to shy away from a very nice black, driver, 5-speed in Healdsburg and I ended up buying a '94 540I instead. That 540I became the most expensive mechanic school ever and after replacing most of the parts on that vehicle myself, I swore off BMWs.

Fast forward to today and I'm older, maybe a little wiser with a little more disposable income. I'd love to find a very nice 72-73 in Atlantik to tool around in with the family.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome to the forum ... i know this gruppe will help you find a good coupe, and hopefully help you steer clear of things you should avoid

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome, Atlantik is a beautiful color but quite rare on e9. Perhaps have a top 3-4 colors in mind and find the best condition one you can. You may be behind the wheel a little sooner!

dealpilot

Reaction score
Welcome, Atlantik is a beautiful color but quite rare on e9. Perhaps have a top 3-4 colors in mind and find the best condition one you can. You may be behind the wheel a little sooner!

Fair enough! In that case my order of preference would be: Atlantik, Nacht, Schwarz.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
schwarz can be a good color, but you will find that the need for bling is more important than on any other coupe color. the paint, belt trims, mirrors, side / hood grilles have to be well polished ... as do the bumpers. i even think that you need BBS-RS wheels with highly polished lips. ask me how i know ... the picture to the left will give you a clue.

don't get me wrong, i like it but its hard to keep it looking great. i had an atlantik 2002 and loved it. the coupe looks great in all of the blues. my favorites are atlantik / nacht ... baikal, riviera. but there are a lot of great coupe colors out there - the bright '70's colors - taiga green, ceylon gold, turkis, inka orange, verona red, golf yellow, colorado ... and some of the complex colors like granatrot red, fjord blue, agave, tundra. and there are still more - chamonix white, polaris silver, anthracite gray, and the list goes on. my least favorite is siennabraun ... not that it looks bad, but i'm just not a fan of brown cars.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good choice to go for an E9.
Due to their relative simplicity they to tend to be much easier to live with and cheaper to maintain that some of the later (now ageing) models from the 90's and early 2000's from my experience.