walloth + nesch order

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
okay guys - i have everybody's list so far, except scottd. as it stands right now, using the preferred method of allocating freight (shipping cost / cost of total euro count per person) .... that comes out to about .176 euro / euro spent. so if you spent 10 euro, your freight would be 1.76 euro. this will change if we get a few more people involved ... right now, i am only waiting to hear from scottd and bejoe on what they want.

the other thing people need to remember is - W+N's prices are NOT in us$ ... they are in Euro ... and currently, there is about 1.175 us$ to the euro. so a 10 euro total order (including shipping) costs 11.75 euro. for instance, Steve's tools that cost 113.28 euro plus 17.81 euro shipping would total - 131.19 euro ... which would equal $154.03. then there would be additional freight from atlanta to him.

Gary's chrome seat cover costs 7.10 euro plus 1.12 euro freight = 8.22 euro = $9.65 ... plus freight to him.

the other caveat is, whatever W+N charges us for us$ to euro is what everybody will pay.
this is fair as it can be. i take nothing for being your domestic postman ... for that i will accept paypal as long as i pay NO fees.

so please let me know if this works for you. the only other methodology is to divide the shipping cost by the number of people interested. right now that would equate to 7 euro / person.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Can I get these in the order? A15321826933 and A15321826934 . Let me know how to play along.
Thanks
Randy

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Randy, i am not finding these part numbers. also where are you located ... please update your data.
thanks
scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ahhh ... you reversed the a51... to a15... so i found them. the total cost / rubber trim is around 47 bucks each ... plus domestic shipping

scottd

Reaction score
Scott,

Sorry for my delayed response. Working on a big project through tomorrow. I'm in for the original parts, and I'm going to get a handle and cap for the vent window. These appear to be part numbers:
A52101804110
A51326754356

A51326754357

When are you ordering? Thanks again.

(The other) Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i will probably order this weekend (or perhaps slightly before). so this is LAST CALL for any add-ons to this order

Scott - do you only want one window knob and cap ... or do you want a pair? i would guess that you would want a pair so everything matches ... put perhaps your passenger side has been rarely used.

with the recent updates, the freight / euro spent is down to .1215 euro per euro. (down from .176) ... so that's a 30% drop

steve in reno

Reaction score
Scott
Please add this to my order.
A52101805732....chrome cap X 4
5.00 E/ ea= 20 more euro

thanks for the help rsporsche
I will send PM also regarding this order

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bill, Randy + Scottd ... please check your PM and get back to me. to everybody else, the window is rapidly closing as the order is ready to go in.

scottd

Reaction score
Thanks again, Scott - I defer to the experts here, but I am replacing one (non-matching cap) and thought I'd be OK with just one, as the other really has no problem. IF it is not a good idea, and this one is not going to match, then I suppose I should get two sets. Has anyone ordered this part previously / does it vary?

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i do not know. i haven't seen any of these. the chrome part is a W+N reproduction, so the chance for difference is great. it looks like the knob is also a repro as it doesn't come up on real oem or on other bmw websites.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My 'never to be humble opinion' is that Scott should not lose 1 cent in his efforts to help us purchase an item we want or need. He is going to be out a good bit of time in sorting the shipment and sending it to all the purchasers. Just want to be sure that IF for some unsuspected reason, there are costs that he hadn't factored in that we ALL agree to make him whole.

I am particularly sensitive to this, as Chris Ohmes and I organized the group purchase of 12 front strut bars from Daddywad late this winter. That transaction was ~ $4,500. There was an unexpected bank charge in that transaction that resulted in another 5% than was forecast. EVERYONE in that group stepped right up and sent their fair share. Let's be sure THIS group does the same thing. Everyone is going to save money vs what it would cost to purchase directly!!!

scottd

Reaction score
Scott,

Good point. Thanks for the advice. I will get two of each.

And, Gary... agreed re making good on my purchase. Scotts putting trust in the community, and I hope everyone makes it smooth.

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
got it Scott ... i think you are doing the right thing ... and that is exactly what i am doing on the knobs.
we are just about ready to go ... waiting on a final response from Steve from Reno and the order will be placed.

thanks for the concern guys ... unless something is out of the ordinary ... and i don't expect it to with the CC company / overseas order, we will be good. a percent or so i can deal with ... that's my domestic shipping cost and the benefit of saving on the full cost of shipping for a solo order.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
all the summaries are out for verification ... so check your PM's. order will go in as soon as paypals are received.