Fires in California

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I arrived in Mexico just in time to find out about the fires in my neighborhood. Local social media sites are incredibly active getting help to those who need it.

gwittman

Reaction score
Other than dealing with the smoke and ashes, all is good along the SoCal coast. I feel for the people in Anaheim Hills and parts of Orange and Tustin.

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Not all good in nor cal, Branden " MyFeamurhurts " dad and uncle both lost there houses in SantaRosa.
I was coming home Sundan night from SF on the 101 and Hwy 37 was closed . Sears Point was very close to burning. It burning from Hwy 37 to up past Santa Rosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about myfemurhurts' family. Our hearts are with all of you CA folks. We had a little tornado near here a couple of days ago with the remnants of Nate, but that's only branches and such. Not fire. Stay safe out there.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Brendan's family homes. I was out there in April for the Cal Mille--Healdsburg and Calistoga. Such a beautiful area. At least with the hurricanes we have plenty of warning, but these fires came up so terribly fast....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not all good in nor cal, Branden " MyFeamurhurts " dad and uncle both lost there houses in SantaRosa.
I was coming home Sundan night from SF on the 101 and Hwy 37 was closed . Sears Point was very close to burning. It burning from Hwy 37 to up past Santa Rosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no that is terrible! Best wishes to your family @MyFemurHurts. Hoping everyone is safe. I’m guessing that your cool uncle lost some cool cars along with his home. Those are just things, but I feel bad about the lost lives, memories, and shelter.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m alive and well, and thankfully so is my family. My dad and step mom didn’t get much warning so most of their stuff is gone, but my uncle got a bit more warning so some of his stuff is saved. Both of them lost their homes.

When I sold my E9 last year, I thought about just storing it at my dads house rather than selling it. Glad I sold it so it didn’t end up an ashy pile of slag.

Before:

After:

My cat has been with my dad recently, and he bolted during the evacuation chaos. Fuzzy head lived through the firestorm, and five days after without food or water. Crazy to think my 4 year old indoor cat moved to Santa Rosa right before this, and managed to live through without a scratch on him.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Glad are all OK, so sorry about the loss of that beautiful home. Heard all my friends in that area are safe.