name this part..

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drove my Coupe today and reached my destination. Then when I started it up to leave it was way down on power. All ignition connections were fine, then I noticed only 1 carb would open. (I have a pair of Weber 32/36s) The linkage piece below had come apart. Managed to wire it together and got home fine. But I cannot find this piece listed in any Weber parts diagram. Do any of you know what to call it? Thanks, Mike
SAM_3499.JPG

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
yes, turnbuckle type piece....hope to find in some bin somewhere. Tried Pierce manifolds and others but nothing just like this. Did test drive my rigged up wire fix, and I must say, drives better than it has the past several months. Perhaps this piece has been f-a-i-l-i-n-g slowly over time and finally expired. Great. Drives better now, looking forward to installing correct "whatever" piece.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
was this a piece on the carb ... or part of the linkage? the reason i ask is that i have a weber 32/36 in a box in my garage. its actually had very little use on my 2nd 2002 and has been in a box for 25 years.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
was this a piece on the carb ... or part of the linkage? the reason i ask is that i have a weber 32/36 in a box in my garage. its actually had very little use on my 2nd 2002 and has been in a box for 25 years.
well actually connects carb to linkage. have a chance to find something locally, as I have heard back from webers.com. dropping in Wed. if no-go, will circle back and offer photo of piece in situ, perhaps this is still attached to your vintage 32/36s. Thanks

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drop by overseas Auto on 4th and main They are the local weber dealer and will probably have that part.

Thanks, Rick
Hey Rick, such a great idea, that I have already spoken with Jim. I know what you mean, as a long time Weber distributor, he must have this piece.
After HBChris' comment, I looked again and found that this is in fact an original BMW part# 13111253047. Seems it is the original "connection rod" from my carbed set up when new. No wonder it finally broke. So, NLA, according to dealer, but I may have found a set of twin Zeniths that still has this piece attached.