'73 CS on ebay - black / blue - NMNA

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was looking at this one a day or so ago when it popped up. I agree, it is rough. Looks like a shiny paint job right over the top of a lot of water damage underneath. The bottom of both doors, especially the passenger side, is rusting right through the paint. The wood on the interior shows what appears to be a lot of intrusion over time. Honestly, I think this is just a shinier version of most of the really rough cars we've seen lately. Likely in need of a full repair/restoration. However, it appears fairly complete - something between $16k and $21k seems to be the market these days. Of course, I am a sucker for black cars, so my opinion is skewed. :D

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You have to wonder with all that damage to the woodwork just how much water has been through this car?
Looks like they have just painted over all the old problems. If you look at the pic of the open fuel flap they haven't even cleaned off the overspray and associated dust from the bodyworks.
Under the bonnet looks a little nasty as well, while the bonnet itself has some problems.
I wont mention the rust line around the rockers.
I don't want to be overly negative here but the car is very much in the 'project' category for me.
Can't speak for other places but suspect it would struggle to pass a roadworthy here in its present state.
Might still pull good money though.

scottd

Reaction score
Wow the corners of the hood tell the story. Pretty rough, but not over priced. Restoration would be painful on this one I'd imagine.

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree Scott - doesn't seem over-priced. actually a bargain compared to a few of the coupes sold on ebay + BaT in the last 4 months.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Actually, I'd love to know the story on this car - it has a CSi VIN - seems to be a German or Northern Europe market car. Additionally, I'm under the impression that CSi's only came with a manual transmission - so how did an automatic get into this vehicle? Who knows - maybe it never had one (have to look at the trunk lid closely!) Seems there may have been a minor fire or electrical issue in the engine bay - might be why the original engine is long gone......

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The sagging front bumpers keep catching my eye. Mine do (did) the same thing. As I took my bumper apart to see how it is fastened, I am surprised more bumpers don't look like this. Pretty easy fix, though - the difficult part is getting the corroded fasteners off/loose to realign the pieces.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was excited when I saw this and started to think... could this be worth a second look. But when you look deeper, I am expecting extensive corrosion and so many things are just not really good enough to be a respectable driver. So then what you have is a rather expensive restoration candidate.