used door wood on ebay - with the surround panels - NMNA

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sold for 227.50. and neither the wood or the trim surrounds were in that good of shape.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think there could be a slow shift happening where the parts cars (and with that, parts) are getting rarer as people opt to invest and restore given the optimism that the values will continue to rise. This process puts upward pressure on the value of parts that are harder to come by.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm glad i am sitting on some really nice parts ... and a lot of trim pieces / interior bits. i think 81 bucks for an ashtray is crazy money too. i think 40 bucks is high. hell, i would have sold one for 60 bucks and been ecstatic.

you are right, 227 was more than fair for this auction. nice wood is easily worth 200 on its own, this was only fair wood. the trim / surrounds in nice shape are worth 250 - 3oo for all 4 ... this was just ok. bottom line, both sides did good.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen, i presume you don't have wood, but you do have the trims / surrounds. if you don't have the trims / surrounds ... i know where you can get a nice set ... the wood was already sold ... and it was very presentable.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Scott, Good presumption - close but I'm somewhere in the middle. At present, I have both rear trims (black section with metal above and below). I have not cleaned them up yet. At the moment they do not look very presentable, but I suspect they will be okay with some elbow grease. And I have the drivers (left) door trim with metal pieces coming from a recent purchase. So, 3 out of 4 for the trims. But, I do not have any of the wood for the doors or rear panels. Which is to say, as I sit I have a fair amount of the trims/surrounds. I would be interested to learn more about the set you are referring to. As with anything for this car, I seem to start with nothing, then get two or three of what I need - eventually I'll thin my collection of extra parts after the car is taken care of. Thank you!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i will check with Gary ... i am sure that he will only want to sell all 4 at one time. but, i will ask.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i will check with Gary ... i am sure that he will only want to sell all 4 at one time. but, i will ask.
Stephen,

I do have a very nice set of window sills with great chrome and vinyl inserts. They came out of a 35k car. I don't seem to have any photos.
I will shoot some tomorrow and have a closer look at them.
You interested?
GAry