Storing Tires on the Car

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A friend is storing a 69 Camaro. The tires are about a year old. She wants to know what to do with the tires.

Car up on blocks or jack stands? Or...? Any advice much appreciated.

Steve ONeill [email protected] 215.620.7687

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll be totally honest. When I first read the tile I though this. Then I was like, oooohhhhhh. :D
105-0590_IMG.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
you can get special mats to reduce the chance of flat spots. I have used doubled up pieces of pink foam insulation...seemed to help.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
She can store the car in my garage and I will make sure the tires don't end up with any flat spots.:)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
She can store the car in my garage and I will make sure the tires don't end up with any flat spots.:)
Thanks Vince, I will let her know.

Right Mark! I'll suggest that and send the picture. When I tracked my coupe I would put the track tires in big plastic bags with the Radio Shack logo on them in the back seat.

And thanks guys for all the good advice.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Vince, I will let her know.

Right Mark! I'll suggest that and send the picture. When I tracked my coupe I would put the track tires in big plastic bags with the Radio Shack logo on them in the back seat.

And thanks guys for all the good advice.

No problem! I had a 69 Camaro convertible for quite a while. Even though I prefer driving my coupe, first gen Camaros have their moments.