I like big coupes and I cannot lie!

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought I'd share a few gratuitous pics of one of my E9 coupe's siblings.

This 2005 Aston Martin Vanquish S was special ordered in Silver Birch (the 007 DB5 color) by its first owner, racing and business legend Roger Penske. Mr Penske owned the car for about six years, in which time he drove it a mere 600 miles. Current miles are about 3,700.

Another legendary coupe, although it plays second fiddle to my CSi :D

21718dm1.jpg

21718dm3.jpg

21718dm2.jpg

21718dm6.jpg

21918dm5.jpg

21918dm4.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sounds like it could be a joe walsh song ... 'i like big coupes ... big coupe attack'. very nice looking coupe Dan. must be very fun to drive

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sounds like it could be a joe walsh song ... 'i like big coupes ... big coupe attack'. very nice looking coupe Dan. must be very fun to drive

Thanks Scott. Yes, it is a blast to drive, and the cabin is a glorious place to be.
Cheers!
Dan

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
D218FC32-8AF2-49AD-86AA-AB86BE8E4585.jpeg
Although probably not big enough for Sir Mix-A-Lot.

While the E9 was referred to as BMW’s big coupe, it’s really about the size of a current small hatch back.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So true. An even more ironic name is the 'big' Healey, which is anything but :confused:
well ... only compared to the AH Sprite. my brother had a 3000 mk3 for 30 years ... i had to ride in it with the top town or slouch like hell as if my sat up, my nose was level with the top of the windscreen.

scottd

Reaction score
My friend had an Aston very similar to this. While it was beautiful, the whole complicated start up ritual probably kept the miles low. :D

Scott

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My friend had an Aston very similar to this. While it was beautiful, the whole complicated start up ritual probably kept the miles low. :D

Scott
Not that complicated, Scott! Put key in ignition, pull both paddles to engage neutral, press start button .... and smile.:D