New member, 72 eur cs

Reaction score
Believe I have signed up a couple of times in the paat, but never active, However, 30 year owner of a 72 cs, eur spec.. Only drove it for a couple of years in the late eighties when corporate transfers took over life and the car went into restoration mode. As the car had started it's life in Germany it was a bit corroded in all the usual places, all fixed by now. The car followed the transfer trail to US early nineties and at this point it resides in my RIchmond, VA garage/shop in a state of assembly. At present I am attempting to install AC and looking for a coupe face plate, which I understand has been remanufactured by I believe Marko. If available I am in the market. Also I moved turn signal switch to the left and revised the wiring system according to 74 model year. To that end I was hoping that someone could help me with the 74 model fuse distribution, 1- 10

Thnak you in advance

PLT

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! Can't help you with your questions (mine's a 73), but I grew up in Richmond and still get back once or twice a year. Bavman on this forum is a good source for used random parts--he is located near VIR on the Va/NC border. Richmond has some interesting cars lurking. The owner of the West Broad car franchises has an amazing collection--a Ferrari 365GTC, a real Cobra, etc. There is also a guy there who has a real 1950s 250 Testarossa. I have bimmerphile relatives in West Point Va. Uncle Kempton used to race a Euro M6 (e24 from the 80s). Scott

Reaction score
Got the 74 wiring diagram way back from UK, possibly from what you call the blue book which also provide the fuse sizes but not location/distribution. One can sort of figure it out but confirmation would be great. Also did the FedEx/ Kinko diagram blowup. Stated the year incorrectly, it's actually a late 73 with the turn signal switch on the wrong side, now changed. Strangly enough the electric window diagram is according to the 74 model but I don't recall three wires to the motors. I`ll get some pics together in the next couple of days
PLT

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi PLT -- welcome to the forum. When I first purchased my coupe, I did a ton of electrical work on it. The prior owner had a monster stereo installed by someone with minimal knowledge of automotive electrical systems, and I had a multitude of problems including melted wiring and a melted fuse block to address. As to your question on the fuse block, one of the discoveries I found useful in addressing electrical woes is the fact that our fuse blocks are also used for power distribution. This is represented by red and green colored areas on the back of the fuse block.

If you look at the red area of the fuse block in this picture, you will see a thick red wire attached along with a thick black wire, and three open posts. The thick red wire brings unswitched power into the red area of the fuse block, and every wire attached into this area receives unswitched power before the fuse. Note too the connection at the top of the red area cross both fuses 4 and 5. For this reason, you may see incoming power to fuse 4 in a wiring diagram that is actually connected to the fuse block (within the red area serving both fuses 4 and 5) connected behind fuse 5 and vice versa.

Switched power on fuses 6 and 7 is wired the same way. You can't actually see this in the picture, but the terminals at the top of fuses 6 and 7 are connected in exactly the same manner as the connection you see between fuses 4 and 5. All the thick solid green wires you see in this picture are power distributed together on the three terminals backed with a solid green area on the fuse block. Here again, wiring diagrams may show connections to the top of fuse 6 that are actually wired to the top of fuse 7.
Fuse Block.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the Richmond info, believe I visited the West Broad place a couple of years ago, seems to remember the Testarossa

Agree on the orphan comment, the electric window wiring installation was very poor. About the fuse issue I might have been a bit unclear, the whole system is rewired according to the 74 diagram, and as such the fuse sizes have changed to,
6x8A
3x16A
1x25A
However, haven't been to find the distribution 1-10, my gues as follows,
#1-6, 8A
#7, 16A
#8, 25A
#9, 16A
#10, 16A
Comments appreciated

Have to admit I have abandoned the old fuse box and trying something a little more up to date incl a separate power distribution. I'll provide pics and elaborate later

PLT

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the Richmond info, believe I visited the West Broad place a couple of years ago, seems to remember the Testarossa

Agree on the orphan comment, the electric window wiring installation was very poor. About the fuse issue I might have been a bit unclear, the whole system is rewired according to the 74 diagram, and as such the fuse sizes have changed to,
6x8A
3x16A
1x25A
However, haven't been to find the distribution 1-10, my gues as follows,
#1-6, 8A
#7, 16A
#8, 25A
#9, 16A
#10, 16A
Comments appreciated

Have to admit I have abandoned the old fuse box and trying something a little more up to date incl a separate power distribution. I'll provide pics and elaborate later

PLT

Hey PLT - please take pictures and post threads on the changes you are making. I have a bunch of newer, more modern parts for both power distribution and fuses which I have not yet put into my car so I am interested in what you are up to.

Reaction score
Sorry was off the grid for a while, however, happy new year to all. Now I am looking for a heater/ac plast duct [also ref as intermediate duct] please let me know if anything is available out there. Also I will get some pics of the mess posted shortly

Thank you in adva ce

PLT