Ouch with the rain.....

m73

Reaction score
Beautiful coupe but for how long....:confused:

18423988_1492600937451489_4113822914032032354_n.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
e9's (like other cars of the period) rusted badly when they were in use as regular cars back in the day. Snow, salt, rain, clogged drains, debris in the wheel well cavities, rockers etc plus no one really cared. But if today's owner has any clue he or she has waxoiled the cavities, maintains the drains and dries the car appropriately after foul weather, I don't see it as an issue. I live in a very humid climate, avoid rain when I can, but in the course of enjoying my coupe, especially over long road trips (2000 miles) often in rain, sometimes torrential, with routine checks and cleaning, my metal is none the worse for rust. I'm over the rain paranoia. I say enjoy the car, do what you can to protect it, and don't sweat the occasional H2O. I'm not saving my supermodel for the next guy but he will get an amazing ride. Thanks for posting a beautiful car and allowing my rant (not directed at you Mo!), as usual I blame the current Rose' trend :)

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree with Steve. Rain is not much different than washing your car with water. I really caught a lot of grief from washing Athena in Laguna Grande CA in 2016.

Athena Car Wash 1.JPG
Athena Car Wash 2.JPG

m73

Reaction score
Enjoying your coupe is really what counts & looks like you guys are doing just that.

I have had a few memorable memories in the wet myself....;)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
occasional rain and a dry garage afterwords can't do that much damage…. i think the worst rust we see is from cars that lived 20/30 ? years outside …..in rain&wind. Sure not now as we have the rusted sills waxed…. :D