Never seen one of these before.....

mr bump

Reaction score
As I stripping the interior of kieser, I found this little beauty. I was in the passenger, (or drivers side for our wrong sided drivers), footwell, it's made of a strong foam material, then coated. Has anyone else found this?
Screenshot_20181009-101224_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181009-101224_Gallery.jpg

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
RHD models have this only on the passenger side (LHS) - it goes at the front of the footwell and is for 'comfort' - a rare part to find

mr bump

Reaction score
RHD models have this only on the passenger side (LHS) - it goes at the front of the footwell and is for 'comfort' - a rare part to find
Yeah I removed it from my passenger side, I suppose the first owners wife was a rather vertically challenged lady.
We're they on all country spec cars Chris?

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
As fas as I know they were standard in all coupes, however they have often been lost during restoration or have succumbed to the ravages of time.
RHD just had the one in the passenger footwell. The other smaller one in the LHD model acts as a rest for the left foot. This isn't possible in RHD cars as the space is lost to the transmission tunnel.
Mine was lost, but i managed to score 2/3's of a good one. I reconstituted the missing part by gluing on sculpting foam and reshaping.

michelk

Site Donor
Reaction score
hello
passenger side is that greater one
left side is much smaller ,the half
the bmw e3 has also this filling pieces but not same dimensions and shape/form
is for that the carpet lays nice and straight,and so that feet/legs are easily on floor
i did make this new because always lost or damaged
whenn needed i can make pictures
michel