3.0 CSa badge

BMWEnthausiast1

Reaction score
I own a 3.0 Cs automatic with VIN 4320824. According to the paperwork the car is from 1976. I thought the last production year was 1975. The car has a 3.0 Csi trunk badge. Is this the wrong badge since the car is an automatic? Does anybody have any idea where I can purchase / swap a 3.o CSa trunk badge.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 218

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely car! Upload a picture of your engine also. It is reported that there are no automatic CSI’s. I wouldn’t put it past BMW however. If you did have a CSI motor with fuel injection, I would then have you see if there is a hole in your frame rail behind the passenger headlight.

Of course you can always send your VIN to BMW to confirm. I’d they said it was a CSI I would look for signs of a transmission swap.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely car! Upload a picture of your engine also. It is reported that there are no automatic CSI’s. I wouldn’t put it past BMW however. If you did have a CSI motor with fuel injection, I would then have you see if there is a hole in your frame rail behind the passenger headlight.

Of course you can always send your VIN to BMW to confirm. I’d they said it was a CSI I would look for signs of a transmission swap.

Oops, I missed the part where you posted your VIN. You definitely don't have a CSI. :D

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lovely Z8:)
as Keshav mentioned
View attachment 55128

Thanks to the pic, you see the exact placement of the Automatic emblem/ badge. I’m pretty sure you can get a CS badge locally for way cheaper although the Automatic badge for 10£ currently is a steal.......

Does anybody have any idea where I can purchase / swap a 3.o CSa trunk badge.

As the pic shows, there is no CSa badge/ emblem. It’s CS and Automatic

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
4320824 is only 36 coupes from the end of production in Dec of 1975, none were built in 1976 but could have been registered as a 76 in Europe.

Last edited:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I own a 3.0 Cs automatic with VIN 4320824. According to the paperwork the car is from 1976. I thought the last production year was 1975. The car has a 3.0 Csi trunk badge. Is this the wrong badge since the car is an automatic? Does anybody have any idea where I can purchase / swap a 3.o CSa trunk badge.

Thanks
Hello, Is your car carburetor or fuel injector If it is fuel injector then 3.0csi is the right badge if your car is carburetor then you need a 3.0cs badge and I have not see any 3.0csa badge the only thing is if it is automatic on the left corner of trunk there is a ( Automatic ) badge installed and you don't have on your trunk any Automatic badge all you need is a Automatic badge for your trunk and I have one used one if you couldn't fined one let me know

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
OP’s question was answered 3.5 years ago. :) Unless there is some undocumented unicorn, all CSI’s had a four speed manual transmission

Hello, Is your car carburetor or fuel injector If it is fuel injector then 3.0csi is the right badge if your car is carburetor then you need a 3.0cs badge and I have not see any 3.0csa badge the only thing is if it is automatic on the left corner of trunk there is a ( Automatic ) badge installed and you don't have on your trunk any Automatic badge all you need is a Automatic badge for your trunk and I have one used one if you couldn't fined one let me know

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OP’s question was answered 3.5 years ago. :) Unless there is some undocumented unicorn, all CSI’s had a four speed manual transmission
I recall two unicorns surfaced, more than 3.5 years ago. One of them in Austria. CSi automatics.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Old Post so hoping still active!
I think we have to keep in mind that your trunk lid is either not original or if it is, the holes for the "automatic" emblem were closed and I am not sure if an additional hole was needed for the "CSi" over the CS. Show us the underside of the trunk to see the placement of the pins for the "CSi" emblem. I would not bother with the "automatic" emblem if you have to figure out the location for the pins and drill them out.

Last edited: