CSL Re-Birth - Sydney

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking spectacular David. Can’t wait to see it.

I am also planning to get the black stripes decal on top of my front air-dam spoiler......but was quoted $300 the other day to get this done :(
Did you actually purchase that tri-stripe decal for the front spoiler or was it custom created?

m73

Reaction score
I recall speaking about AC decals recently — car looks great

That first spring drive will be memorable — please do share if/when it happens—

-Mo

Last edited:

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looking spectacular David. Can’t wait to see it.

I am also planning to get the black stripes decal on top of my front air-dam spoiler......but was quoted $300 the other day to get this done :(
Did you actually purchase that tri-stripe decal for the front spoiler or was it custom created?

I purchased a complete set from Ben at CSI.

Two things to know:

- the band is probably a few mm wider than I would like it to be. I have seen other pictures on the web where the band his the air holes. On mine it looks fine but it is a tight fit. If you could find one slightly smaller you could be better off. My air dam looks standard but the air holes were initially not cut out for some reason? Even though it and the filled air dams were featured on the front cover of the UK classic car mag - I don't know why this is so and if anyone has background that would be appreciated.
- this version doesn't have the words csl on the centre front - which I prefer as a little over the top - though others have it

I am back in Syd in two weeks if you wish to inspect, else you know where to visit!

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let' do a drive locally in coming weeks when it's ready.

There is also The German Auto Day, 28 Oct in Earlwood (Gough Whitlam Park). I was planning to attend this, but the forecast on that day is currently rain, so will wait and see.

The council are very picky at that display ground, as the grass does become easily waterlogged after rain. The Sydney Italian Concorso d'Eleganza has now been cancelled twice the night before by the council recently! Now rescheduled again for 11th Nov so hopefully 3rd time lucky.

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
After a new oil sensor from Germany and a caliper seam seal repair,
IMG-7365.JPG
IMG-7372.JPG
IMG-7364.JPG
we are finally back on the road to look for more difficult to fix gremlins.
With the exception of a missing horn part - see post, everything seems to be in good order. So I am adding some running in miles every weekend for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again to everyone for your very generous and expert help over the years! Also a special thank you to those who supplied parts. There is still much to do (including cataloging and selling off spare parts - so will be back in touch soon). As always improvement suggestions welcome!View attachment 56197 View attachment 56198 View attachment 56199 View attachment 56197 View attachment 56198 View attachment 56199

Some quick snaps - will post a more comprehensive set in a few weeks.

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Final pics!
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-71.jpg

BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-6.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-86.jpg

As promised a couple of professional pictures of the car(s) - there are about 20 of this type but all large files - let me know if anyone interested and suggestions for where I should best host them (apart from here).

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Street pic - Is the speed bump sign significant?
Looks like you've done a great job with the E9. Is it the angle or does it appear that the exhaust hangs a little low.
E46 M3 still a great looking car.

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Gazz

Yes it does look a little low - it is SS from Walloch and I found the original Walloch supplied brackets were not strong enough so asked for better ones to be made, but clearance is important so will take a look.

Street sign irrelevant - just the photographer taking advantage of the location, for the restoration there have been dozens of major and minor bumps so one grossly underestimates my experience.

I have some low res images so will try and post.

Best

David

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't overestimate the underestimation for these projects. In hindsight, that wonderful post knowledge knowledge, I wouldn't have taken mine on. It is cheaper, far less frustrating and far far less time consuming to buy someone else's woes and be happy they weren't yours.

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last 10

If anyone has a legitimate use for a high res version of these images - please let me know

Thanks again and keep spotting any errors or refinements.

Fingers crossed for the launch of the F87 CSL soon

David
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-68.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-69.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-71.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-74.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-83.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-84.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-85-2.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-86.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-79.jpg
BMW E9 3.0 CSL professional car photo by La Lente Photography-81.jpg

Boobouna

Reaction score
Looks great mate can’t wait to see it in the flesh. I noticed you have air con, was this a factory air con CSL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk