CSL Aluminium Bonnet / Hood for sale

daddywad

Reaction score
Have you thought about producing porsche 911 long and short hoods in AL? I bet you'd see demand for those too!
Hi, if I had correct samples to make a pattern from I might do that but I guess the donor panels would be expensive, I have to strip the sample down to make the patterns so they are sacrificed.

Mark

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
I've seen short hoods in classifieds for reasonable prices, long hoods not so much.

The porsche crowd has deep pockets though, especially the long hood back date hot rod 911 guys.

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Hi, if I had correct samples to make a pattern from I might do that but I guess the donor panels would be expensive, I have to strip the sample down to make the patterns so they are sacrificed.

Mark
Mark, Please accept my heartfelt congratulations. This is wonderful. Unfortunately, you have completely scuppered my chances of ever selling my matching pair of e9 bonnet/boot lids (hood/trunk) for absolutely astronomical prices but that's life. I say matching pair because both my bonnet and boot lids carry the same marker -pen production number clearly visible beneath the hinge plates - "814" These must have been applied prior to painting by Karmann. Well done.

Really good to know that your expertise is still around. First class. Best wishes, John.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you thought about producing porsche 911 long and short hoods in AL? I bet you'd see demand for those too!

Beautiful! Congrats on getting this done.

911 aluminum hood and decklids are already being fabricated by at least two companies so you may not have the market that you have with the CSL stuff. Having said that, I always thought aluminum, front RSR fenders (long hood) would do very well. My 2 cents