74 Riveria Blue 5 speed BAT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty nice. Lots of black spray bomb underneath.

Nice he removed the rockers covers. 1st time seeing that.

I like it except...that color.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I really like the color too. Is the wood on the dash a big decal? Something about it looks off a little.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like the color ! The upgrades 5 speed and bumpers , new leather are major pluses!
I wonder if there is an invoice for the engine overhaul, 5 speed conversion, paint job and bumper upgrades...
Everything looks good to me except the nagging disappointment of the spare wheel compartment! I am guessing it is an E10 spare wheel well that was used!
Going forward I make tons of photos during the repair , or my restoration, documenting proper repair , making it easier to know what you are getting without close up inspection!
I will be watching this!

To my surprise Haven’t heard guesses for what it would go for ! Anyone wants to go first?

Best wishes for all!

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don’t see that being an 02 spare tire well, looks right to me.

At first glance I thought, “another 6 figure coupe” but upon closer look it’s close but not perfect. Riviera is great, (I prefer Riveria over black) the car is super clean. I’ll guess $75k. But what do I know?

I like the color ! The upgrades 5 speed and bumpers , new leather are major pluses!
I wonder if there is an invoice for the engine overhaul, 5 speed conversion, paint job and bumper upgrades...
Everything looks good to me except the nagging dispointment of the spare wheel compartment! I am guessing it is an E10 spare wheel well that was used!
Going forward I make tons of photos during the repair , or my restoration, documenting proper repair , making it easier to know what you are getting without close up inspection!
I will be watching this!

To my surprise Haven’t heard guesses for what it would go for ! Anyone wants to go first?

Best wishes for all!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t see that being an 02 spare tire well, looks right to me

This is what the correct spare wheel well should look like
746DD544-2C9A-4904-971D-25E5607262BB.png

TREMK

Reaction score
My friend did the bodywork unfortunately he did'nt take any pictures and has since passed away. I do have his signature about engine rebuild at 90,000 miles.
He did many 2002 restorations but this was his personal car. Those who knew him know he did quality work. The dash is 3m self adhesive walnut veneer. I did it myself so not madera or bella quality. Not sure about the spare tire well?
We just bought some land and are building our retirement home so no time for the car. I'm sure I'll get something when things get settled. And I will regret it.
Thanks for the comments, Mike

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very nice and seems to be a high quality coupe that has been well cared for. Love Riviera, don't see it enough on vintage BMWs. Hope you get top dolla! GLWS

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want some inspiration for a retirement home, the building in the background of the lead picture looks like a good place to start. You can tell your wife you are only thinking of her when you see the photo because there doesn't look there are stairs to climb and nothing else about it grabs your attention.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, Yes original color. Paint code 036. Seems they did more 2002's than coupes. Mike

Thanks for confirming Mike. For some reason I thought it was an early color. Here is the 1974 brochure that Andreas sent me, with Riviera on the list.

6E9E3DD0-FEF8-437F-8043-D8EDAC4CEBBD.jpeg