Looking for new wiper inserts

coupelady

Reaction score
Getting ready for a big drive so looking over the car (obsessing maybe). Yup this one gets driven with gusto. As it has been raining so much here in NC need to be prepared if the wipers let go, I'd rather change them before I leave. Checked with Greg Howell at Don Jacobs BMW none in the system but they are Bosch. Please let me know what you are using, I'd rather find something that is not new/old stock anyway as they tear so easily, probably a little dry rot.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I also bought the Trico, but from Amazon. I got some Bosch inserts at the same time, but I haven't used them. Like you, I wasn't 100% sure and needed them quickly, so I just bought a variety.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew recommended these

Trico Classic 33-162. Will have to be ordered from your favorite parts supplier that sells Trico products.

Napa #WIP 601647
# of Pressure Points : 4 Pressure Points
Connection Type : 7 mm Bayonet, 7 & 9 mm Hook Type, 3/16" Side Lock
Wiper Blade Construction Type : Bridge Construction
Wiper Blade Length : 16" / 406 mm

coupelady

Reaction score
Thank you for coming to my rescue today. I also found out that I need a clutch master cylinder (and in a hurry, thought that leak was fixed). There are 77 in Germany none in the US. In the mean time found out that the e12 will fit with just a bit of tweeking, the angle is off some but I was told that it can work fairly easily. We could get that in a day so hope to have the coupe buttoned up by Friday. The tire store, where I was headed today, took today off, Easter Monday holiday so I did not get the tires. I bit frustrated over that. Life got in the way, things should have been done a bit sooner. Thanks to Paul Wegweiser at Maximillian Importing for the help and leads.

coupelady

Reaction score
Here is the report:

the e12 master cylinder did not work. It was the only one found by the tech on his computer parts list. It would have taken Todd at Master Tech many hours to reformat the lines plus he didn't like the way the feed line would have been reconfigured. So left it alone for now with plenty of replacement fluid to go with me. The wiper replacement I got was the NAPA ExactFit 6-016-1 and it seemed like an "exact fit". The tires were purchased today at Select Tire in Hildebran, NC. They know me because of the rose colored Z3 got his tires first. I asked if I could take the tech out to see the car first and that I was pretty particular about the car. We popped off the caps off in the parking lot with my lug wrench that we had fit a rubber tube over the non wrench end, it does not touch the paint. The tech said they usually use a screw driver and twist it. Ouch! No paint no paint loss with my rig. The tech and the machine did not damage anything. I thoroughly looked it over and then went back in the shop. They saw me standing at the desk and were reluctant to come back to the desk but I said it "was all good" and that I wanted to compliment them on working with me (I usually am told what is going to happen) plus treating the car well and that there was no damage. Sure beats the time in Savannah where all 4 wheels had to be resurfaced, the time in Atlanta where the Z3 wheels had to be replaced etc.....Also they asked me (! first time for everything, I am usually told what they recommend) what tire pressure I usually run. My reply was depends on what the event is. The autocross mountain week coming up is just that autocross so a bit more air. 2 out of 3 accomplished not bad.

Fellows, that is a first for a woman. Have I made it? Yup love having my coupe well cared for by folks that believe in what is happening with the car.
All of this is said in jest, I wouldn't trade this hobby for anything else.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The e12 master that’s fits many other models is the only one available for many years now. It sits at a slight angle and bending the pipe is easy. You also have to tap the firewall flange a bit at the 2:00 position.

coupelady

Reaction score
We debated that idea but the cost of a new one is not astronomical, lasted all these years so I tend to lean toward new. Plus we did not feel we could have it here in time nor have the time to replace it. Thanks for that info though. We did hear that Carl Nelson has a few for future reference as well as a shop in PA that restores/rebuilds them.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Todd and his wife are good folks. Mike at Select has always given me the kind of service you described. Glad to hear you had good results with the tires at least.