FS. A Set of E9 Electric Rear View Mirrors

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. Just got an email from a seller who has an excellent set of very rare E9 rear view mirrors. Quite expensive but we'll worth the price for such a hard to find mirrors. PM ME for contact info. Not Affiliated. $800 plus shipping.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
somebody was just looking for these.

why is anybody's guess ;-)

Hi. Just got an email from a seller who has an excellent set of very rare E9 rear view mirrors. Quite expensive but we'll worth the price for such a hard to find mirrors. PM ME for contact info. Not Affiliated. $800 plus shipping.

Not exactly E9-specific, although I suppose there were a few cars that had these blocky monstrosities mounted on them. Seems I even remember a pic of a brit-delivered CSL with them! Yuk. Frankly, they are not particularly rare, these were mainly used on the 3.0S and especially in the states on 3.0Si's. On the continent on all the trimmed-out later-model as well as long-wheelbased E3's. They were also not uncommonly found on E12's. The fact that they were ugly, or often broke or didn't work right and were thrown away has added to their uncommon-ness, calling them very rare is like calling sandra bernhardt an unique-ly beautiful comedienne

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did I miss where he was asking for a critique?

Not exactly E9-specific, although I suppose there were a few cars that had these blocky monstrosities mounted on them. Seems I even remember a pic of a brit-delivered CSL with them! Yuk. Frankly, they are not particularly rare, these were mainly used on the 3.0S and especially in the states on 3.0Si's. On the continent on all the trimmed-out later-model as well as long-wheelbased E3's. They were also not uncommonly found on E12's. The fact that they were ugly, or often broke or didn't work right and were thrown away has added to their uncommon-ness, calling them very rare is like calling sandra bernhardt an unique-ly beautiful comedienne

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Value judgement alert!

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did I miss where he was asking for a critique?

Really??

No, no one (including me, b.t.w.) asked for a critique.

Why you ask, Steve-o? How is this comment any different from...say, chatter about red-handled screw-drivers, or any number of a myriad other things?

With all sincerest and good intentions, Steve, I suggest you incorporate more oatmeal in your diet.

artworks-000227550500-h8f1np-t500x500.jpg

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Guys. These were on Cl. I could care less if they get sold. Just thought someone may be crazy enough to buy them.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
They were optional on 74 e9s.

Mirrors only or do you get controllers? My ‘74 has driver side only. I haven’t seen the setup for Driver & Pass side and am curious where the control for the pass side resides and how it is wired. I wasn’t able to find a pass side last year, but I didn’t look terribly hard. However desirable, the pass side seems less common & might be worth more than driver side.

Wladek

Reaction score
I know i should not mention this here, but due other comments i think it will not be a milestone here.
In 2016 on ebay auction i sold NOS set in OEM box/packing for 250 EUR: 1x NOS Left side mirror (absolutely perfect) + 1x NOS switch with bracket + 2x NOS wires for L & R side
DSC00621.JPG

I haven’t seen the setup for Driver & Pass side and am curious where the control for the pass side resides and how it is wired.
Switch is mounted on passsenger door same way as on driver side (mirror reflcetion), difference is in wiring (just slightly longer) so length was enough to be connected to fuse box.

Some e9'rs will like this power mirrors, but to be true i'm on Dale side, they are just ugly if compare to flag or trapezoid, they look too heavy on slim e9 body.

Last edited:

Simufly

Reaction score
The change over switch is situated just below the window breakers on my RHD car. The controller (for both sides) is in the drivers door panel. The only problem is that the controller switch is just where your right knee (can) rest against the door panel.
It seems that some do not like the electric mirrors, Fair enough, however I do like them am and recon they are a safety feature.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like em. I plan on installing them.

Wish I saw Wladek's ebay auction; quite a steal of a deal IMHO!.

Also to note, some mirrors/harnesses had the white ROUND plugs, others have the black FLAT plugs.

Need to ensure the harness matches the mirrors. you got.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The only problem is that the controller switch is just where your right knee (can) rest against the door panel.

Same thing on the LHD! I hit it all the time and don't realize I've changed the mirror until I need it. Opening the door to change motor soon and on my list to look for relocation position & maybe plugging w old-style manual access plug.

nathanegger

Reaction score
Pretty sure no E9 had both of these electric mirrors, the 74 had drivers as well as my 75 Euro does. $400 bucks?[emoji848][emoji848] I can switch[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The 74 e9 was available with both mirrors.

To complete the hijack of this thread & results of poking around last night:

--Didn't see parts identifying RH e-mirrors on E9, but E3 shows parts starting in 9/73, so I'm sure Chris is right they were on the E9 as well.
--Two different side-control switches--one appears to be a single toggle flip-switch, NLA but shows on the E3 from 9/73 that controls the basic peg-like control on 74 E9s and stabs your knee. This switch also shows for E12 & E24.
-- E12, E21, E24 (starting around 77?) have a combined box with control and switch, but it is big black plastic and I think you'd want to hide it in an E9.
--82 E24 goes to the switch I'm familiar with in black plastic but more compact.

interruptor-espejo-adicional-bmw-e3.jpg

61311363459_1.jpg

61311378847.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jay, you made me look it up!

Available for driver and passenger side starting with 74 US VINs 4310329 and 4335392 which is October 1974, an end of the run option. Parts Book section 51/22. And available in the US on the 3.0Si.

Last edited: