tool tip

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As we all know there are multiple ways to look for vacuum leaks; you can spray carb cleaner on everything (and possibly start a fire), listen for hissing with a stethoscope or get a smoke machine $$$, or there are some numbskulls on youtube who recommend using cigar smoke. I have found a better way and that is a "Vape" machine. For once I will recommend NOT using canibus for this operation because of the high probability of forgetting what you are doing, however a mint flavored non nicotine mixture can be quite useful (for once). The "Vape" stays "smokie" longer than smoke and is more dense-or denser than smoke making leaks easier to see. I recently had one of the girls from my office help me with this and I'm sorry I can not post the video.

Honolulu

Reaction score
I read *somewhere* that smoke machines are available on Amazon, for not too much money. But I haven't looked.

Your vaping girl beats that by far. Is she available as a loaner?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I picked up a smoke machine at an estate sale last week for not much money at all. I'm far from looking for vacuum leaks though but I'll have it if I need it.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I read *somewhere* that smoke machines are available on Amazon, for not too much money. But I haven't looked.

Your vaping girl beats that by far. Is she available as a loaner?
I would be willing to bet that for a Hawaiian vacation she would likely be willing to assess the condition of your intake.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can just imagine how the negotiations went:

Peter: Hi sweetpea, taking a smoke break?

Office Girl: Vape break, yeah. Watcha doing boss?

Peter: I'm hunting for a vacuum leak.

Office Girl: Really, it looks like you are smoking weed and staring at your car.

Peter: Hey, how long will that Vape continue to put out smoke?

Office Girl: About this long...

Peter: Can you blow that smoke on my carburetor.

Office Girl: I ain't blowing anything of yours, boss.

Peter: No, no. Just point that Vape thing straight down into the carburetor and make it smoke.

Office Girl: You just want me to lean over the fender so you can look up my skirt.

Peter: No, I'm going to be leaning over the other fender looking intently into the engine.

Office Girl: There has got to be a catch here...

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can just imagine how the negotiations went:

Peter: Hi sweetpea, taking a smoke break?

Office Girl: Vape break, yeah. Watcha doing boss?

Peter: I'm hunting for a vacuum leak.

Office Girl: Really, it looks like you are smoking weed and staring at your car.

Peter: Hey, how long will that Vape continue to put out smoke?

Office Girl: About this long...

Peter: Can you blow that smoke on my carburetor.

Office Girl: I ain't blowing anything of yours, boss.

Peter: No, no. Just point that Vape thing straight down into the carburetor and make it smoke.

Office Girl: You just want me to lean over the fender so you can look up my skirt.

Peter: No, I'm going to be leaning over the other fender looking intently into the engine.

Office Girl: There has got to be a catch here...

I see that you and Peter have met...