For sale: Italvolanti Formel 380 mm

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Hans , i'm interested... for my blue coupe.
So… please confirm
1) dia outside is 375 mm
2) hub is oem E9 , no hocus hopus there !

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hans , i'm interested... for my blue coupe.
So… please confirm
1) dia outside is 375 mm
2) hub is oem E9 , no hocus hopus there !

522X Hub is an original italvolanti collapsible version for e9 fitment.

Also, if desired you can easily create a functional center (3rd) horn button. Just tap it to the positive horn wires on the back of the wheel, of tap into the piggy back onto the horn ring spade connector. Plug into the center button spade.

Last edited:

Wladek

Reaction score
The shape of ATI wheel's horn buttons differs, that's right. The bmw e9 / e21 wheel is known with more round shaped spoke ends but also with the style of Hans wheel. After 1984, the wheel was called Indianapolis, and had a leather bolster. And always indicated with kba number, as ATI is a German company and mostly sold for German market. The main difference is the center hole, which is defenetly not produced that often, obviously because not needed as the horn actuation is on the spokes...
And sorry - you are talking about Momo. They stamped since mid of 70s, but you can't fix this than on every wheel manufacturer. What about Nardi, Collaudo or Cisa??? I have a couple of wheels here show different
Stamped 68 69 70 etc.
Italvolanti was made by Momo in Italy.
By Italian manufacturers at most i was thinking about wheels for BMW - Personal, Moto-Lita, Raid, Momo Prototipo, Momo Alpina, Nardi as well.
Yes, indeed Nardi started to stamp dates earlier; in early on lower spoke, in later on left spoke.
"Collaudo or Cisa" - i didn't know these brands even ever existed.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Italvolanti was manufactured by Atiwe - a German company. That makes sense to me given that most German cars use German steering wheel manufacturers, notably Petri. VW and BMW both had atiwe/italvolanti factory wheels. Both started with the triangle pattern three bolt hub, and later transitioned to the 70mm PCD pattern with a holes at 12PM and 6PM, same as momo. I would love to see the documentation that supports that momo manufactured Italvolanti wheels.

Also, Collaudo (translated to “Testing”) means that the wheel was tested. Found on the back side of Personal wheels...

Last edited:

Frank_1980

Reaction score
Italvolanti was made by Momo in Italy.
By Italian manufacturers at most i was thinking about wheels for BMW - Personal, Moto-Lita, Raid, Momo Prototipo, Momo Alpina, Nardi as well.
Yes, indeed Nardi started to stamp dates earlier; in early on lower spoke, in later on left spoke.
"Collaudo or Cisa" - i didn't know these brands even ever existed.

OK, if you're not to deep in wheels, some important 1960 manufacturers are maybe not in your focus since now. Ferrari and Maserati etc used wheels from those companies.
Where you have the information from MOMO produced for ATI (Auto Teile International / Atiwe)?
Is it a guess or a reliable source?
Those wheels were made by Nardi... not Momo.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would also love to see documentation that supports claims that Nardi made ATI wheels...

Last edited:

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It says made in Italy, not made in Germany.

Attachments

• 20190427_145925.jpg
    20190427_145925.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 143

Frank_1980

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Italvolanti was manufactured by Atiwe - a German company. That makes sense to me given that most German cars use German steering wheel manufacturers, notably Petri. VW and BMW both had atiwe/italvolanti factory wheels. Both started with the triangle pattern three bolt hub, and later transitioned to the 70mm PCD pattern with a holes at 12PM and 6PM, same as momo. I would love to see the documentation that supports that momo manufactured Italvolanti wheels.

Also, Collaudo (translated to “Testing”) means that the wheel was tested. Found on the back side of Personal wheels...

Right, Atiwe was a very popular "tuning" company in the 80s here in Germany. The steering wheels and rims were their main business.
Existing till today, but now OEM for automotive industry.
I'm quite sure I had or still have an original ATI wheel in factory box, where its indicated "made by Personal-Nardi S.p.a".
The indication Collaudo = tested makes sense! Good point!

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Actually, Momo made everything, even Petri, which was in business 65 years before Momo. Moretti had a time machine and that’s how it all started. True story. Seriously, the amount of bs people just sling on forums is amazing

Wladek

Reaction score
OK, if you're not to deep in wheels, some important 1960 manufacturers are maybe not in your focus since now. Ferrari and Maserati etc used wheels from those companies.
Where you have the information from MOMO produced for ATI (Auto Teile International / Atiwe)?
Is it a guess or a reliable source?
Those wheels were made by Nardi... not Momo.
Yes, i am not "deep in wheels" if we talk about whole steering wheels industry or it history, because i didn't ever felt i will need that. I am ok with just proper E9 steering wheels, for me it's enough.
I read somewhere on internet that Momo made wheels for ATI, that's all. So, at this point - it's like word against word.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Momo made everything, even Petri

Momo made Petri???

Petri AG was an automotive parts company based in Germany. It was acquired by the Japanese company Takata Corporation in 2000, forming the European subsidiary Takata-Petri.

Petri Aschaffenburg, Germany (1899)
Richard Petri
Aschaffenburg, Germany
History
Petri AG was founded in Aschaffenburg in 1899 by Richard Petri and started to produce steering wheels and interior trims. Richard Petri founded the first plant (Plant 01) in Aschaffenburg, which is now the European Headquarters of Takata-Petri. Later, Petri's firm expanded further and added other plants for the production of plastic parts, like the Plant 02 in Nilkheim, near Aschaffenburg and Plant 03 in Albertshausen, near Bad Kissingen. Steering wheel production is still located in Aschaffenburg.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BTW...
Was any of you involved in the fact that my ad was deleted by eBay Kleinanzeigen?
Someone reported me and they removed it without asking me first.
Very sad. Especially because it has to be someone I know. Why else would someone report me?
I'm not saying it is one of you, I just want to share it.

Wladek

Reaction score
BTW...
Was any of you involved in the fact that my ad was deleted by eBay Kleinanzeigen?
Very sad. Especially because it has to be someone I know. Why else would someone report me?
Who will tell you the truth now Hans?
But this fact itself is f.ckn sick!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
BTW...

Wasn’t me! Why would it have to be someone you know?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BTW...

What could have been the reason for EBay Kleinanzeigen to remove your advert? Do they not have to give you a reason?
Like stolen item, misrepresented etc...?