Steering wheel ID needed

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
This came off the 1970 2800cs coupe I just bought. It is approximately 35cm. All wood rim. No ID except it says “Italy 7-81”. It’s a lovely wheel. But I like the look and feel of the standard “bus” 40cm wheel, so I put that on. Any idea what the adapter hub fits? (Momo, Nardi etc?). Any idea what this wheel is?
991416fffde8de4efdd6de7a70e31709.jpg
983c2b8fee394f5b365c3e5b722163f6.jpg
ab0a216e5b21ea2f670e424ffd20df32.jpg
ba9e5867122ed8f4117c2f8c1975db08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnP_02

Reaction score
It’s probably a Nardi or Momo, but if you can remove the hub and show the bolt pattern, we can at least narrow down the possibilities. J

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a Nardi Classico, the slots in the spokes in a real Nardi are tapered and the spokes and center ring that hides the bolt heads are polished. The adaptor shape is typical of a Momo, Nardi is smooth and tapered front to rear, I would guess its a Momo copy of the Nardi Classico woodrim.

Wladek

Reaction score
Markings typical for Momo, horn button is also later BMW Momo version with plastic black ring.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a Nardi Classico, the slots in the spokes in a real Nardi are tapered and the spokes and center ring that hides the bolt heads are polished. The adaptor shape is typical of a Momo, Nardi is smooth and tapered front to rear, I would guess its a Momo copy of the Nardi Classico woodrim.
Mystery solved! Popped the horn button off. It’s a Momo adapter and possibly a generic Italian wheel. Will post soon for sale. Thanks everyone!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, post pics of the new coupe. I assume this one will be to drive.
It’s this one. I am very, very happy with the car. Drives beautifullly. Needs some final improvements (driver floor pan and new leather interior, refit hood and trunk) but making these improvements is part of the fun. A lot of the heavy lifting, including thorough rust remediation and painting and engine compartment detailing has already been done. The PO was an engineer with great skills.
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/1970-2800cs-ready-to-sell.30871/

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think that is a very well bought coupe Scott. enjoy it ... so are you keeping the CSL for special occasions / investment? (No, i'm not in the market)

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
i think that is a very well bought coupe Scott. enjoy it ... so are you keeping the CSL for special occasions / investment? (No, i'm not in the market)
The CSL is staying for now. It will be at the Quail this summer and hopefully some other stuff on the east coast in 2020. Ultimately, I may sell it, because I have kids ages 17, 14, and 11 who will probably wind up at expensive colleges. We will see where they end up and what kind of bills they will generate. Fortunately, they are all diligent students, so I am happy to spend the money on education for them. But I always want to have a coupe, hence this 2800cs purchase.