baikal 2800cs spotted in Atlanta

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey guys - spotted a baikal 2800cs in Chamblee today, sitting out front of Eurofed, a new BMW shop. it is 2270394 (Chris, this isn't in your spreadsheet that i have). it has a california plate (i suspect an incorrect black plate f459so). this is baikal #4 in ATL

anybody here that i don't know? the coupe is a bit rough, no front bumper, a little front passenger corner damage. a little surface rust / damage in places ... but seems to be reasonably solid. unfortunately it was parked outside and it poured right after i took these pics ... and its sunday. rained this morning as well..

baikal 2800cs - drivers rear qtr.jpg

baikal 2800cs - drivers interior.jpg

baikal 2800cs - drivers rear.jpg

baikal 2800cs - front.jpg

baikal 2800cs passenger interior.jpg

baikal 2800cs right rear qtr.jpg

baikal 2800cs vin.jpg

Mpower5266

Reaction score
My dad and I picked it up Friday. We are both vintage car enthusiasts, and BMW fans. I think we have had some where near 15 BMWs between us and currently have an e36 m3, 73 2002, 74 2002, 2017 328ix touring and now the e9. We also have a few Full Sized Jeeps and a restored 1948 Cessna 170. We will do our best to return it to its former glory.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the obsession. It is obvious that your father raised you well. There is a really good vintage BMW group in your area that you should try to connect with; look for Gary Beck at the Vintage (Avus blue e9, freshly painted, M5 engine, triple webers... you can't miss him).

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Welcome to the obsession. It is obvious that your father raised you well. There is a really good vintage BMW group in your area that you should try to connect with; look for Gary Beck at the Vintage (Avus blue e9, freshly painted, M5 engine, triple webers... you can't miss him).

Yep, I know Gary. His car is insanely nice.

nathanegger

Reaction score
hey guys - spotted a baikal 2800cs in Chamblee today, sitting out front of Eurofed, a new BMW shop. it is 2270394 (Chris, this isn't in your spreadsheet that i have). it has a california plate (i suspect an incorrect black plate f459so). this is baikal #4 in ATL

anybody here that i don't know? the coupe is a bit rough, no front bumper, a little front passenger corner damage. a little surface rust / damage in places ... but seems to be reasonably solid. unfortunately it was parked outside and it poured right after i took these pics ... and its sunday. rained this morning as well..

View attachment 62962
View attachment 62963
View attachment 62964
View attachment 62965
View attachment 62966
View attachment 62967
View attachment 62968

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Thanks Chris for the nice intro.

Nick and his dad are already members and have been for about 2 years. Nice young man with a cute wife and a lot of enthusiasm.
He has brought the 2002 to many of our socials.
We now have 8 E9's in our group.
I started this group, BMW Classics of Georgia when our local chapter was not supportive of the BMW classic cars in the area. There is an unbelievable back story.
Scott Perkins experienced some of it in person and many others including Don Bower. We have about 50 members and our members recently won 9 awards at Sharkfest including Phil Parkey with the former Bingham car.
Now they have my car to contend with Ha Ha!
There are no dues and no officers.
We also have a Facebook page with over 150 members but not all have classic BMW's even though I am pretty loose with the qualifications.
We have 2 Z8's and probably the rarest car is a 850 CSI 6 speed that is serial number 0001. It was used in the BMW Group Classic display at Amelia Island Concours in 2018.
My 88 E28 M5 is one of 30 so pretty rare as well.

Gary Beck

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Chris for the nice intro.

Nick and his dad are already members and have been for about 2 years. Nice young man with a cute wife and a lot of enthusiasm.
He has brought the 2002 to many of our socials.
We now have 8 E9's in our group.
I started this group, BMW Classics of Georgia when our local chapter was not supportive of the BMW classic cars in the area. There is an unbelievable back story.
Scott Perkins experienced some of it in person and many others including Don Bower. We have about 50 members and our members recently won 9 awards at Sharkfest including Phil Parkey with the former Bingham car.
Now they have my car to contend with Ha Ha!
There are no dues and no officers.
We also have a Facebook page with over 150 members but not all have classic BMW's even though I am pretty loose with the qualifications.
We have 2 Z8's and probably the rarest car is a 850 CSI 6 speed that is serial number 0001. It was used in the BMW Group Classic display at Amelia Island Concours in 2018.
My 88 E28 M5 is one of 30 so pretty rare as well.

Gary Beck

I had seen both Don and Phil's cars before, but at this particular Sharkfest both of those cars looked fabulous.

Mpower5266

Reaction score
I figured I would bump this thread. I haven't posted on here much but it seems my dad is a regular on here now. I don't know if he has shared photos but I finally got to take the car for a spin last weekend. He did much of the restoration on his own and I helped when I was available (my wife and I had twins about 7 months ago.) We did not do a full on top to bottom nut and bolt resto but it is a very nice driver and we can now enjoy it together.

I cant wait to get some more time in it and get it out to some events.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks great Nick. Can't wait to see it. Glad it was safe during the tornado. Man, that would have been terrible. But most important that you and Bracey and the kids are safe.
Are you going to The Foundation May 21? That would be a good test drive. Couple hours each way. Driving mine and many other Atlanta folks are going.
You could drive up with us so you would have backup mechanics and tools. Ha Ha!
I want to see you two and the babies in the coupe. That would be quite a photo.
Gary

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Looks great Nick. Can't wait to see it. Glad it was safe during the tornado. Man, that would have been terrible. But most important that you and Bracey and the kids are safe.
Are you going to The Foundation May 21? That would be a good test drive. Couple hours each way. Driving mine and many other Atlanta folks are going.
You could drive up with us so you would have backup mechanics and tools. Ha Ha!
I want to see you two and the babies in the coupe. That would be quite a photo.
Gary

We are going but not sure on what car we are taking. I have a friend following in his new M2 comp so I may drive my M3. But going in a group like that, the e9 might be possible.