What is this and where does it go?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Trying to put my car back together and I am stumbling on two items under the dash, driver side.

First, what is this thing and where does it go?

59336771-2892-471C-B8D2-410819936310.jpeg

And second, what is the proper assembly for the rig that keeps the door under the fuses from falling off? Is there another black plastic ring that goes on there?

8F1647D9-6F48-47AC-B8F4-8B1EA37C8897.jpeg
Thank you.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The first is the odometer reset knob. It is secured by a drop bracket that extends from the under dash tray. You need to remove the set screw that holds the knob in place, then unscrew the 8mm or so jam nut and screw the cable on to the drop bracket.

The second is the fuse door stop. Again, there is a bracket that extends from the under dash panel. Similar insrallation. The screw on the black roller has a thick shoulder that lets the black wheel spin, and fine splines that screw into the bracket. I think the bracket has a captured nut on the backside.

I believe that both brackets are riveted to the under dash panel. You may need a new panel. However, I actually have a spare mounting bracket for the reset knob. Let me know if yours is missing.

Trying to put my car back together and I am stumbling on two items under the dash, driver side.

First, what is this thing and where does it go?

View attachment 63980

And second, what is the proper assembly for the rig that keeps the door under the fuses from falling off? Is there another black plastic ring that goes on there?

View attachment 63981
Thank you.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the first pic, the knob in your hand is to rest the trip counter....
D29A899B-5FDC-4043-9C83-1A354A05527B.jpeg

The 2nd pic is best shown via pics.... I can click some tomorrow if you haven’t got them by then

stphers

Reaction score
This is one of my most PIA job to do, trying to hold everything in place and get the knob s crewed on right with all the while making sure the retaining spring stays where it should fun and games My fingers just aren't as nimble as years ago. Good pictures to show everything