3.0 CS at Motorcar Studio

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These guys usually have some good looking cars, they had the Taiga E3 awhile back that looked really nice... still kicking myself for not jumping on that one!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have seen this coupe before. it is nice looking, not positive its an 85k car ... even in today's market. i didn't pour over it but i didn't see a lot of rust indications ... but i didn't look closely. if somebody is seriously interested please drop me a PM and i can go take a closer look.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These guys usually have some good looking cars, they had the Taiga E3 awhile back that looked really nice... still kicking myself for not jumping on that one!
the e3 belonged to the other owner. a lot of performance work was done to that car if i remember correctly.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks real clean. However, still prefer paint jobs to include the engine compartment, which looks original.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Beautiful car, but ya 85k the whole thing better have been painted and zinc plated. If the paint was original I wouldn't even have a comment because then it would be a true survivor.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was going to ding an 85k$ car for having US sealed beams, but it apparently has Cibies which is great.
Clock works, nice exhaust section, good underneath pictures, only 87kmiles, what can I ding?

Not much beyond the shock spacers still being there in the front, no black sticker behind the grill, modern speakers in the rear, no red screwdrivers, and I think it is missing the plastic cover on the passenger side door latch.

The wood looks pretty dark, or the California sun has really made mine much lighter...

Nice car!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was going to ding an 85k$ car for having US sealed beams, but it apparently has Cibies which is great.
Clock works, nice exhaust section, good underneath pictures, only 87kmiles, what can I ding?

Not much beyond the shock spacers still being there in the front, no black sticker behind the grill, modern speakers in the rear, no red screwdrivers, and I think it is missing the plastic cover on the passenger side door latch.

The wood looks pretty dark, or the California sun has really made mine much lighter...

Nice car!
Considering "no red screwdrivers", doesn't that knock 2X$600 off the selling price?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep, I see $85K here for someone looking for a very nice example of an E9 that they can drive away straight to their evening drinks at the golf club. Not $100k so it should attract a lot of interest. Very nice. :)

floridabmx

Reaction score
Once a cars been painted originality is out the window for me. But then again im also poor considered to most e9 folk.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Once a cars been painted originality is out the window for me. But then again im also poor considered to most e9 folk.
If a car is repainted in its original factory color I am not so sure about a loss of originality. If belt trim or lenses or grills are replaced with factory parts is there a loss of originality? I think not. But that's just MHO. Oh dear god, I've used those tired initials to state the obvious.

floridabmx

Reaction score
If a car is repainted in its original factory color I am not so sure about a loss of originality. If belt trim or lenses or grills are replaced with factory parts is there a loss of originality? I think not. But that's just MHO. Oh dear god, I've used those tired initials to state the obvious.

Yeah i'm a sucker for original paint. Easy to tell if paints been replaced over trim and lenses

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah i'm a sucker for original paint. Easy to tell if paints been replaced over trim and lenses
Right. I thought my euro Polaris coupe was original paint. It was the BMW Polaris paint - with another coat beneath! So my painter and I spent an hour looking at silvers and ended up with an early Porsche Boxster silver I always like. Only a couple of the experts on this board could tell the difference.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if i was painting a car silver ... i would go with porsche GT silver. yes, its a little darker, a little warmer ... but its a gorgeous silver and a coupe would look great in that color.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Right. I thought my euro Polaris coupe was original paint. It was the BMW Polaris paint - with another coat beneath! So my painter and I spent an hour looking at silvers and ended up with an early Porsche Boxster silver I always like. Only a couple of the experts on this board could tell the difference.

Must've been a damn nice paint job or aged nicely over the years. Its just a bit of a turn off for me when you open the hood and the engine bay paint is way off from the exterior, but at least in this cars case.. its the same color! :)