Two Veronas, one gets the attention

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Quite a few exotics, motorcycles, and few classics up at Alice's restaurant in the woods...
Two Veronas parked next to each other, only one gets the attention...

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpg
    IMG_3120.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is the other red car an Auto Union?
Reminds me of the night over 20 years ago when I pulled in front of the local BMW dealer for a club meeting. I was driving my Polaris 74 euro coupe. All kinds of new, at the time, BMWs around, but my coupe emptied the showroom.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
And the time I pulled up to a T stop sign in the little town of Stockton NJ. Across the street was an old inn with tables out front.
A guy stood up and applauded.
I just laughed out loud.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've done the clearing out the BMW dealership thing, it's like a space ship just landed in their parts dept. drive thru and they all come out wondering what it is.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was eating dinner at a favorite restaurant in Stamford CT. A man walked in and asked about Athena, we wound up talking for over an hour about older BMWs.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was eating dinner at a favorite restaurant in Stamford CT. A man walked in and asked about Athena, we wound up talking for over an hour about older BMWs.

Here's my best. I am in the bank in New Hope, PA. The bank parking lot is on the Delaware River, visible from the bridge that connects New Hope and Lambertville, NJ.

I come out of the bank and of course a guy(it's almost always a guy) is appraising my Polaris coupe. He had spotted it coming across the bridge, not an easy view from the bridge. But it is a coupe we are talking about. And the guy is Peter Gleeson/BMW Pete.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, Andrew, let's get this in perspective; If you're eating dinner in your favorite restaurant (Pellicci's) in Stamford CT, and a smokin' hot Italian girl walked in and asked about Athena, and you wound up doing something unpronounceable for over an hour, then it's forum material! :)

BTW, the only women who comment on MY car are typically between 65-70 years old (Now, nothing wrong with that) and they say "my dad had one of those 40 years ago-he never could keep it running" :)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Odd, how would that man know Athena's name...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Quite a few exotics, motorcycles, and few classics up at Alice's restaurant in the woods...
Two Veronas parked next to each other, only one gets the attention...
no, that's 2 gentlemen and a verona ...

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
au contraire... here in Belgium i'm surprized how many people don't even know the E9 model ! and this as we are a neighbour country to Germany... but i can imagine at the time , not so many Belgians were rich enough to buy a E9... i remember seeing more 02 models ...as myself, i sure got 5 '02 cars at that time …. later a 528i …. don't even remember the existence of the E9 !!!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
au contraire... here in Belgium i'm surprized how many people don't even know the E9 model ! and this as we are a neighbour country to Germany... but i can imagine at the time , not so many Belgians were rich enough to buy a E9... i remember seeing more 02 models ...as myself, i sure got 5 '02 cars at that time …. later a 528i …. don't even remember the existence of the E9 !!!
I first "saw" an e9 in a Road and Track "Used Car Classic" article in the late 1980s. There were none where I ws raised in central Virginia. There was no dealer until the 630/633 era of the BMW coupes, so that was the first exotic BMW I ever saw. Then Road and Track published an article on the most beautiful cars in the world and the e9 was in it. I was smitten. I had never driven an e9 when I bought my first one in 2010. The first e9 I ever drove was my own, after it rolled off the truck then in 2010. This forum makes it seem that America is full of e9s, but in reality California has most of them. Florida has 20M people and maybe a dozen e9s in total.